GEN 2 those with 3.5s and a bypass rack 2019+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im thinking about added 3.5s with a bypass rack to my 2019, and Im running the FRS 3.0 fronts, so is it true i can keep the rear live valve coil attached to the truck and it wont know the difference? i dont know what other option other than Eclick could keep the front live valves online while 5tubes do the work out back..

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by keeping the coil attached? If my case is anything the front will stiffen up due to it thinking theres a problem with the rear. Not sure if the solenoids work by themselves or when theyre fully connected to the shock, finding a place to hold them would be interesting. Interested in how this goes

OP
OP
downforce137

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you mean by keeping the coil attached? If my case is anything the front will stiffen up due to it thinking theres a problem with the rear. Not sure if the solenoids work by themselves or when theyre fully connected to the shock, finding a place to hold them would be interesting. Interested in how this goes
I think the electric coil part doesn't know if it's attached to the shock or not so should be fine zip tied up under there

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the electric coil part doesn't know if it's attached to the shock or not so should be fine zip tied up under there

100% accurate. As long as the solenoid is plugged the system performs as if nothing was changed. I was forced to do the same thing recently and just ziptied the one up out of harms way while the rest of the system did it's thing.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok I have 3.5s with rack rear and stock width front with 3s
a 3.5 rear needs a mid travel front imo with coilover and secondary shock
I think you’ll be getting past the live valve capabilities
guys love eclik with stock or frs
mid travel and rear rack etc is far more capable

OP
OP
downforce137

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok I have 3.5s with rack rear and stock width front with 3s
a 3.5 rear needs a mid travel front imo with coilover and secondary shock
I think you’ll be getting past the live valve capabilities
guys love eclik with stock or frs
mid travel and rear rack etc is far more capable

yes of course.. progression..

eventually i'll put a RPG bolt kit with the secondary bypass in and keep my live valve coilovers, but not today..

OP
OP
downforce137

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i should update. i finished my 3.5 5-tube shocks today.. I wanted to keep live valve up front on FRS coilovers with RPG RST18 and fox 3.5s on the back

i simply zip tied the factory live valve coils up under the back and kept getting drive control malfunction errors, with live valve control solonoid open circuit faults in the VDM (forscan)

I tried sticking a bolt thru the coil, and wahhhlahhhh the issue went away. some inductance thru the electromagnetic coil must be needed by my 2019 VDM truck. you could def feel the magnet working on the bolt, but this didnt happen until the truck rolled a few feet in drive or reverse, otherwise no duty cycle to the live valves..i was watching the VDM in forscan and the rear voltage was doing square waves until i put the bolts in, and then it was a very gradual ramp to a point where it stayed.. hopefully this is all ill have to do.

i didnt drive it alot, and i also didnt think to change modes until right now, so ill have to update again..

I used some stock LCA bolts i had laying around, since i did the cammed bolts on my lowers, but i'll get something that isnt so long..20230509_203955.jpg

Last edited: