Broken Driver side half shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Szabo Mihaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a new, 2020, 7000 km Raptor. This happen during a donuts in 4 WD. I have a video but i cant post here. Maybe i will upload on youtube. In the video we can hear the crack noise when the driveshaft broke. I post the video on the facebook group where on my big surprise most of the people say that is normal for a raptor. For me is unbelievable. We cant talk about warranty because the car is in Romania. 394cbf516715cf4dedf4a2232c3dad02.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what I get out of this.......

You bought a raptor and had it shipped to a country with -0- support, i.e. warranty.

You beat on it like it owes you money.

Then you post on the raptor forum how you broke it and how there is no warranty.

Cool story bro....

Stop beating the **** out of your truck maybe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Szabo Mihaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You bought a raptor and had it shipped to a country with -0- support, i.e. warranty.

Then you post on the raptor forum how you broke it and how there is no warranty.

Cool story bro....

But the Raptor is the toughest truck in the world! That was something hard for the truck?My wife CRV will not broke if i do the same.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cool story bro....

be nice now. we were all rookie drivers at one point.

4wd and donuts do not mix. especially in sand where the wheels get below the surface and then you start fighting the steering. instant damage. doesnt matter if other trucks can do it or not, its just not what you want to do in terrain like that. however, it can be easily fixed if you can find the part

OP
OP
S

Szabo Mihaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
be nice now. we were all rookie drivers at one point.

4wd and donuts do not mix. especially in sand where the wheels get below the surface and then you start fighting the steering. instant damage. doesnt matter if other trucks can do it or not, its just not what you want to do in terrain like that. however, it can be easily fixed if you can find the part
Yeah. Is easy to fix. Only the 2 weeks waiting time for shipment of parts. I just wanted to hear the opinions. And i need to stop watching yotube about how fun is a Raptor. Thew wont say too much about shit happens. :)

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Is easy to fix. Only the 2 weeks waiting time for shipment of parts. I just wanted to hear the opinions. And i need to stop watching yotube about how fun is a Raptor. Thew wont say too much about shit happens. :)

simple rule to follow, 4wd is for getting unstuck, or when terrain call for it. not for going out and doing donuts