Brand new 2019 SCrew stolen within 24 hours of picking it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it’s fair point about the fob in the truck, but it’s pretty obvious that very few, if any users here knew exactly how easy the break in procedure is on a late model F150.
I've seen the break in procedure posted quite a bit. Many should be pretty familiar with it. When I had my Lightning, it got broken into parked in front of my house. They smashed the drivers window.

Trackar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look obviously it sucks that your brand new truck was stolen, bbbuuuttt what percentage your fault do you actually think this is for leaving the FOB in the truck? I'd say 100%.

Your posts in this thread seem to be all about how the truck was targeted by professionals while taking zero responsibility for it yourself. It is nice of you to give a heads up about potential issues of how easy the truck is to break into, but you'd still have truck if you had taken the second key out.
How can you try to blame the OP for having his OWN truck stolen? Even if he did leave the keys inside with intentions of using the keypad, you can't blame him. I'm sure even if it was just broken into the same night and not stolen he would have still posted about it. Just a ****** situation that the keys were left in the truck, but even that wasn't really his fault.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can you try to blame the OP for having his OWN truck stolen? Even if he did leave the keys inside with intentions of using the keypad, you can't blame him. I'm sure even if it was just broken into the same night and not stolen he would have still posted about it. Just a ****** situation that the keys were left in the truck, but even that wasn't really his fault.

Thanks man I appreciate that. I didn't post this thread because I needed pity, I will be just fine, I posted it hoping I could help others take precautions so hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else. I guess some people just can't help but be negative and try to put other people down.

_Satch_

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I've been buying Ford trucks since 1999, and I've always specifically looked at buying trucks with the keypad door entry. I would regularly leave my keys hidden in the truck, so as not to lose them if I were traveling. The push button start/fob along with the truck being so easily broken in to has pretty much RUINED this functionality for me now. Thanks to the OP for bringing this to light. Sorry for your loss. I believe a console vault and foil envelope for my fob MIGHT get me back to feeling safe leaving my keys in the truck while traveling?

Shogunn of Panama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I've been buying Ford trucks since 1999, and I've always specifically looked at buying trucks with the keypad door entry. I would regularly leave my keys hidden in the truck, so as not to lose them if I were...

I’m a beach bum and typically leave my keys in the truck because theives scurry amongst our white sands as well. Go to the water for a dip with the Mrs. and BAM! You’re kicking rocks home barefooted cause your shoes got taken too. Guess I’ll have to get a beater or swim in shifts. Can’t have shit these days.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a beach bum and typically leave my keys in the truck because theives scurry amongst our white sands as well. Go to the water for a dip with the Mrs. and BAM! You’re kicking rocks home barefooted cause your shoes got taken too. Guess I’ll have to get a beater or swim in shifts. Can’t have shit these days.

Just don’t tell @realjones88 he’ll say it’s your fault for having a car and side with the thieves haha

sean1968

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the jimmi jammer looks useful but it won't stop the method they used to get my truck. The only thing that will stop that is having the lock cylinder completely removed. Some people replace their driver door handle with a rear door handle, eliminating the key hole altogether. Then again a determined thief will just end up doing more damage trying to get in if they really want to. The best defense is living somewhere where theft is not a problem, short of that all you can do is hope it doesn't happen to you.

Of course you can make it a little harder on them but if they want it, they will take it.
If I’m not mistaken the jimmy jammer secures the lock cylinder from behind with the steel plate so they can punch and push all they want... the lock cylinder isn’t going anywhere. It also prevents prying intrusions so net net your door will take a beating but they won’t get into your truck without breaking a window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sean1968

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ce4f88896b3df1466e9dd763cdc297ac.jpg

Here’s a pic that shows what it does. Secures the lock cylinder so it can’t be punched out and prevents screwdriver pry in attempts under the door handle. Also comes with a black disc that you can secure from behind so you can physically remove the lock cylinder completely.