Brand new 2019 SCrew stolen within 24 hours of picking it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jww///95

Reaction score
AFAIK the factory code cannot be changed. Ford's keypad entry is great, but that non-changeable code is a security weak point. Ask you dealer though, maybe they can do that now.

This has me considering swapping the door pillar trim to one without the keypad and then just orphan the wiring harness in the door.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AFAIK the factory code cannot be changed. Ford's keypad entry is great, but that non-changeable code is a security weak point. Ask you dealer though, maybe they can do that now.

Have to change out the module. In the passenger foot kick panel is where it is located. Relatively easy to unplug it and put in a new one. How hard it is to purchase a new one with a new code is a nother matter.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This has me considering swapping the door pillar trim to one without the keypad and then just orphan the wiring harness in the door.

Just unplug it and leave it in that case. You could always go back if you wanted that way.

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine used to live out at the Rim in San Antonio for a few months in the apartments there. His platinum F150 was broken into right in front of his apartment. Took them less than 2 min to pull the entire lock box out of the center console. San Antonio is horrible, worse than Houston I am told, for vehicle break ins. It is frustrating.

I was about to reply saying, get the center console lock box. This is a little disconcerting. Wonder if I should anchor mine in better.. Any idea how they pulled it out?

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
San Antonio is the worst...

If your don't replace your drivers side handle with a keyless, you're guaranteed to get broken into. I also installed a ravelco, so its impossible to drive off with my truck when used.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was about to reply saying, get the center console lock box. This is a little disconcerting. Wonder if I should anchor mine in better.. Any idea how they pulled it out?

He has no idea. They broke the bolts at the bottom holding it down. I think it was someone from the dealership since he just had it installed 2 days before. The did destroy his center console as well.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did Ford address this on the new 2021's? or still the same easy way to get into the vehicle with the screw driver unless you have a jimmi jammer/rear door handles?