Brand new 2019 SCrew stolen within 24 hours of picking it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me start by saying THANK YOU for sharing your experiences here Frodo...and happy you were able to find a suitable replacement. Random trolls notwithstanding, there’s some really good info and lessons learned in this thread.

Bottom line: I HATE thieves!

It’s more than the inconvenience, or in many cases the loss of something special/precious, it’s the “you have it and I want it” attitude. Most ****** thieves who I’ve had the displeasure of knowing personally are also among the most self-entitled people I’ve ever met as well. Had my brand new R1200GS motorcycle stolen from a carport (locked and secured with a cable behind two fences) when we lived in Germany...they slid two steel poles through the wheels and four big guys lifted the entire 600#+ bike (locks and all) over the fences and into a waiting truck. Eventually found the motor in Poland and the frame in Norway, but by then I too bought a near identical replacement. Secured in a garage henceforth of course.

But I digress...

Thieves are opportunists first and foremost, but the real point is that if someone wants your stuff bad enough, they’re likely going to get it. The hard lesson most of us have learned is to take reaonable precautions and carry suitable insurance.

Sounds like the OP did a fair job covering his bases to recover from a bad deal despite opening a door to opportunistic shitheads. Not saying it was worth the pain, but I for one am grateful to have learned something new, and to have the opportunity to take some proactive steps on my end based on someone else’s hard lesson.

Jimmy jammer, punch plate/cylinder removal thingy ordered and setting up my Ford Pass app today.

Next time you’re in the San Antonio area hit me up... Guest room is usually open and though we live in a good neighborhood, there’s always room in the garage for another Raptor!

Last edited:

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post Jimmy jammer, punch plate/cylinder removal thingy

Pictures when you are installing.

Also a link to where you did your buy.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me start by saying THANK YOU for sharing your experiences here Frodo...and happy you were able to find a suitable replacement. Random trolls notwithstanding, there’s some really good info and lessons learned in this thread.

Bottom line: I HATE thieves!

It’s more than the inconvenience, or in many casesthe lost of something special/precious, it’s the “you have it and I want it” attitude. Most ****** thieves who I’ve had the displeasure of knowing personally are also among the most self-entitled people I’ve ever met as well. Had my brand new R1200GS motorcycle stolen from a carport (locked and secured with a cable behind two fences) when we lived in Germany...they slid two steel poles through the wheels and four big guys lifted the entire 600#+ bike (locks and all) over the fences and into a waiting truck. Eventually found the motor in Poland and the frame in Norway, but by then I too bought a near identical replacement. Secured in a garage henceforth of course.

But I digress...

Thieves are opportunists first and foremost, but the real point is that if someone wants your stuff bad enough, they’re likely going to get it. The hard lesson most of us have learned is to take reaonable precautions and carry suitable insurance.

Sounds like the OP did a fair job covering his bases to recover from a dad deal despite opening a door to opportunistic shitheads. Not saying it was worth the pain, but I for one am grateful to have learned something new, and to have the opportunity to take some proactive steps on my end based on someone else’s hard lesson.

Jimmy jammer, punch plate/cylinder removal thingy ordered and setting up my Ford Pass app today.

Next time you’re in the San Antonio area hit me up... Guest room is usually open and though we live in a good neighborhood, there’s always room in the garage for another Raptor!

Thank you for the positive reply man. Sorry about your bike. Fortunately the only thing I've ever had stolen from me before the truck was a pair of sunglasses, so it's just not something I've been worried about until now. I've had other nice cars and lived in downtown Atlanta which is a pretty high crime area and never had issues. Some did hit my car with a shopping cart once but pretty sure it wasn't intentional, just careless mistake.

I agree that if someone wants your stuff they are going to find a way to take it or destroy it in the process. I'm just unhappy that these trucks are exceptionally easy to break into, making them an easy target. It makes me uneasy driving the truck in certain areas. I will be taking some precautions and of course carrying good insurance. I just hope Ford does something in the future to correct the issue. A simple metal plate similar to the jimmy jammer could have been built into the truck for probably a couple of dollars cost for Ford.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ce4f88896b3df1466e9dd763cdc297ac.jpg

Here’s a pic that shows what it does. Secures the lock cylinder so it can’t be punched out and prevents screwdriver pry in attempts under the door handle. Also comes with a black disc that you can secure from behind so you can physically remove the lock cylinder completely.

JimmyJammer looks interesting, but does it work? Anyone had success having their car not broken into by having one of these installed?

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that if someone wants your stuff they are going to find a way to take it or destroy it in the process. I'm just unhappy that these trucks are exceptionally easy to break into, making them an easy target. It makes me uneasy driving the truck in certain areas. I will be taking some precautions and of course carrying good insurance. I just hope Ford does something in the future to correct the issue. A simple metal plate similar to the jimmy jammer could have been built into the truck for probably a couple of dollars cost for Ford.

Is this a Ford only problem? How did the other manufacturers solve this? If ford is the only one that has this issue then I'd agree they should make this investment. You'd assume the insurance companies would be on their case if something like the JimmyJammer actually worked.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only takes a short glance at your lock cylinder on your truck to realize how weak and exposed that lock cylinder is. The locking mechanism is covered by a plastic trim piece. It just seems like bad design to me. Nothing is gonna stop a thief from getting into your truck but I don't think Ford should be making it this easy for them. I remember seeing posts on another forum about the jimmy jammer preventing a few break-ins.

sean1968

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course it works. It’s a steel plate physically preventing the lock cylinder being pushed through and a physical barrier to a screwdriver pry in from below the handle BUT it doesn’t prevent the initial attempt. Even if it works your truck door will need to be repaired at a body shop to fix the damage.

A determined thief can break the window and gain access but at least they won’t be disarming the alarm by going through the door handle so worst case your door needs to be fixed vs truck stolen and never recovered or worse yet... recovered damaged and repaired.

I ordered the Jimmi Jammer door kits and the tailgate lock. I may get a vinyl sticker made saying there’s a steel plate behind the handle and lock so don’t bother and put them on both windows. LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sean1968

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a Ford only problem? How did the other manufacturers solve this? If ford is the only one that has this issue then I'd agree they should make this investment. You'd assume the insurance companies would be on their case if something like the JimmyJammer actually worked.
It’s a problem with GM trucks also

sean1968

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM and Dodge it seems current gen and prev gen for both manufacturers. Considering the aftermath a sticker may not be a bad idea to deter an attempt. The jimmi jammer plate is the same for all makers though secure the cylinder and block screwdriver intrusion so the alarm remains armed

3c1c76cbe741d544afa1a311f5908ed8.jpg3a0f879e1cf6683d574b6aa2a966d572.jpg3c2f3748f2eb4fc0e3fc7705f40818a4.jpg4cfaf4916aff2fe64c2ffe39cce17467.jpgd9e14bf9e4655b1890a04163bc4449bf.jpg99e91efbe3884382c704404fa361e8a6.jpg

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So let me sum this up.

Buy the ford security system $233, with a mounting plate and red light to tell the bad guys its armed. (JS7Z-19A361-A) and (DM5Z-19D596-A) and (Bajamod BM1016)

Buy the Tuffy Security Products Underseat Lockbox 344-01 around $362, also get 2 of the Optional three digit combination locks from Tuffy if you do not want a key (Program 2 different three digit codes for max effectiveness).

Your good stuff goes in the Lockbox, and the Horn goes off if there is enough vibration.

The Truck can not be stolen, unless they get the key/FOB or use a tow truck.

$600 and done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir