Brand new 2019 SCrew stolen within 24 hours of picking it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks Frodo.. glad to hear though that you found a new truck right away though.

can't believe the cops took 3 hours too.

Yep its a 3 minute set up of the ford app, but you need to be in the vehicle and its turned on, and answer one question in the vehicle to give permission.

I would give your first dealer a very bad review.

I also added a $25 tile blue tooth tracking device to my vehicle, just as a second tracking backup. I went and parked at a major airport and all sorts of folks have the tile app running, so i was getting a report on location every day when gone on a trip.

that tile app works that well hey? I travel lots for work... might have to look into it.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks Frodo.. glad to hear though that you found a new truck right away though.

that tile app works that well hey? I travel lots for work... might have to look into it.

Thanks man. Just keeping my fingers crossed insurance takes care of everything so I can get started on some mods.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TL;DR: If you're near the southern border or any major cities I'd seriously consider having your lock cylinder removed from driver door or locking rod removed to disable the keyed entry. It is absolutely a joke how easy it is to break into these trucks.

Look obviously it sucks that your brand new truck was stolen, bbbuuuttt what percentage your fault do you actually think this is for leaving the FOB in the truck? I'd say 100%.

Your posts in this thread seem to be all about how the truck was targeted by professionals while taking zero responsibility for it yourself. It is nice of you to give a heads up about potential issues of how easy the truck is to break into, but you'd still have truck if you had taken the second key out.

I also do not buy this "they'll raid your house too" stuff. Many states you can get registration information for a vehicle for a fee without even having to break into it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look obviously it sucks that your brand new truck was stolen, bbbuuuttt what percentage your fault do you actually think this is for leaving the FOB in the truck? I'd say 100%.

Never said I don't take any of the blame, obviously that has weighed on me since it happened, but I didn't know the fob was in the truck. Even if I had intentionally left it there, that does not make it 100% my fault. Just because there is a fob in someone's truck does not make it ok to forcibly break into their truck. Even if my fob had not been in the truck, my truck would have been broken into within 12 hours of buying it, something that has never happened to me in any other place in the country with several other nice cars I have owned. So if you want to come into my thread and act like a **** because I shared what happened so that others may take precautions, be my guest.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I use a tile on my expensive ford keys, and find them in my pants hiding in the back of the closet. Saves time tearing the house apart.

For $25 it is just a cheap tracker. That well works.

I left one in the car parked in a busy airport parking lot, and then checked the app on travel, and yes it was pretty much found every day by someone running the tile app on their iphone

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Your posts in this thread seem to be all about how the truck was targeted by professionals while taking zero responsibility for it yourself. It is nice of you to give a heads up about potential issues of how easy the truck is to break into, but you'd still have truck if you had taken the second key out.

I also do not buy this "they'll raid your house too" stuff. Many states you can get registration information for a vehicle for a fee without even having to break into it.
One more disadvantage of not buying locally. Likely, everyone is tired after traveling and not thinking clearly. Every time I buy a vehicle, my salesman always hands both fobs to me, never in the owners package. OP must be well to do if he was able to just run over and buy another truck the same day. I hope he's lucky enough to have insurance cover most of his loss and not drop him or raise his rates through the roof.

OP
OP
FrodoTBaggins88

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dudes I'm not rich or even "well to do" haha, I'm a regular guy that busts his balls at my 9-5 like most guys do, and I saved my money for quite a while to buy my truck. I'm a regular dude that woke up at 3am to fly out with my wife to buy my truck and by the time I had been signing papers for hours and drove for a few hours after I was pretty tired. I thought my wife had the other fob, it was not an unreasonable assumption to make. The truck gave no indication the fob was inside when I locked up and double-checked that it was locked. I guess that means I deserve to have my shit stolen? Because I made a small oversight?

I'm aware that there are other ways of getting your address besides finding it on something in your truck. Again, I'm only relaying information that was told to me by the police. Apparently it has happened to someone or the police wouldn't have told me that. They specifically asked me if I had anything with my address on it in the truck for this reason.

Also @realjones88, I don't take any responsibility for SOMEONE ELSE breaking into my truck.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
it’s fair point about the fob in the truck, but it’s pretty obvious that very few, if any users here knew exactly how easy the break in procedure is on a late model F150.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Dudes I'm not rich or even "well to do" haha, I'm a regular guy that busts his balls at my 9-5 like most guys do, and I saved my money for quite a while to buy my truck. I'm a regular dude that woke up at 3am to fly out with my wife to buy my truck and by the time I had been signing papers for hours and drove for a few hours after I was pretty tired. I thought my wife had the other fob, it was not an unreasonable assumption to make. The truck gave no indication the fob was inside when I locked up and double-checked that it was locked. I guess that means I deserve to have my shit stolen? Because I made a small oversight?

I'm aware that there are other ways of getting your address besides finding it on something in your truck. Again, I'm only relaying information that was told to me by the police. Apparently it has happened to someone or the police wouldn't have told me that. They specifically asked me if I had anything with my address on it in the truck for this reason.

Also @realjones88, I don't take any responsibility for SOMEONE ELSE breaking into my truck.

well... Just to play the Devil’s advocate...