Brake Thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bdubvt

Reaction score
Just about to hit 60K on my 2019 Raptor and trying to decide if I stick with stock set up or switch to a premium brakes with the slotted rotors. I Live in an area with lots of gravel roads and heavily salted paved roads in the winter. Has anyone had issues with the slotted rotors picking up debris.

Last edited:

jdholder

Reaction score
I’m in favor of breaks. I take one every two hours or so.

That being said -

Willwood or Alcons. You choose from “big names” that fit under most 17” wheels.

R-1’s require larger wheels, but I can’t remember if it’s 18’s or 20’s?

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive never really given a big brake kit much thought. The factory brakes or any brakes can only stop you as fast as the tires have traction. Once that ABS lights up, thats it. The advantage of the bigger brakes is heat dissipation on long repeated stops with high speeds. Ive never felt any brake fade with the stockers. I have seen videos where the big brakes show a clear stopping advantage in Raptors, but they were running different wheels and tires with likely different coefficients of friction. A higher traction/heavier wheel tire combo (37s) likely would be able to take advantage of bigger better brakes, but from where Im sitting, not really with lighter weight methods and KO2s. YMMV

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into the Police Package brakes.
They're louder than stock(metallic or semi pads), will probably wear out rotors faster but have great pedal feel, are low dust and don't fade under hard braking.
Looking at alcons own stated advantages I couldn't rationalize blowing 1000s more for marginal gains over what these provided.