Need selection advice- Gen 1 Supercharged.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bsbuggs

Reaction score
Good afternoon, I have been reading for a few weeks, getting *educated* on raptors.. I recently retired and have always wanted a V-8 Raptor.. BUUUT I have been looking at 2 different paths to take... and Im sitting here with Paralysis analysis; Looking for more insight from members here.

Raptor #1: 2014- 85,000 miles Seller is at 50K
He is the second owner with a decent carfax Canadian truck for 60K then the current owner bought the tuck and put 20K miles (here in US) since 2020-

Modified Here the list of upgrades:

Whipple Stage 2 Super Charger (installed in at 70K miles)
New Shocks all 4 corners W Eibach front springs
Method 307 wheels New Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires
Tesla screen with Sergey F/w Android
Bed liner (drop in) and Tonneau cover
New front CV axles
SVC welded traction bars
Winch Smitty built
Rogue front and rear bumpers 6 Rigid cube lights
2 42 inch light bars 1 amber 1 white
Morimotto headlights
5% ceramic tint 40% on windshield
Carbon fiber interior (self-wrapped by owner but look not bad)
Pioneer upgraded subwoofer All 4 door speakers Rockford Fosgate
all bumpers fender flares & vents on hood Raptor linered (again self applied rhino type material
3rd brake light Tail lights tinted and all LED bulbs whole truck.
LED under tailgate brake light and turn signals
LED puddle lights and front
back of mirror turn signals are sequential
JDM tune and SCT tuner with multiple tunes
Added heads up display (amazon type)
Extended antenna for remote start
Corsa extreme cat back exhaust.
New optima red top battery
S&B cold air intake
Bed extenders
Fuse 27 upgrade Corsa catch can
New R-1 slotted drilled rotors with Ceramic brake pads
Upgraded diff cover with drain
Upgraded front tow hooks
Battery tender hook-up Block heater

Standard Moonroof, Cameras, and Graphics on bed Original wheel are off and sold has Methods on now ( refer the stock wheels)_

I know I know .. a lot of stuff is done here.. I guessing he paid 37K for it in 2019 before the crazy Covid prices took over.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Raptor #2: 2013 Roush edition-- 801A -- Seller is at $42,000
2-owner truck (US) with a decent carfax
I was able to speak to the previous owner. He said it was pavement queen never abused, and it sat as he traveled for work a lot, making the miles lower.
Options:
Moonroof
Graphics FROM Roush
Power fold mirror mirrors (not on the 2014)
Otherwise the same.

So Im torn Raptor #2 looks more Baja with the stock bumper off and no skid plate so it looks more "USED" I guess vs the total stock look of the Roush..

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Was the Roush supercharged at the start by Roush? Supercharged from the factory is better than starting at 70k miles.

The Roush would be the front runner in my book, because is was a pavement queen.

Obvious questions would be rust in the corners. Which one looks better cared for in person. And what are you wanting the truck to do for you.

OP
OP
B

Bsbuggs

Reaction score
Thanks Guys...
@thatJeepguy
Raptor #2 was Tennessee, then Indiana..
The Canadian truck does have a showing of rust on the rear axle, but not much underneath from what I could see, but the day I looked at the truck it was cloudy.. I need a full view underneath from a lift.

@Nex

The Roush truck was factory ordered
I did check the corners for rust as members have said are the problem areas.. I have not seen the Roush in person yet, hoping this week. And I have never driven a Roush..

I did drive #1 with the Whipple and well it was "something" .. Tracked perfectly straight.. seemed to ride a little high in the front with the Eibachs, level out for sure.

Im not totally confident in the shock rebuild ..see pic.. Now copild be just schmutz on the shock.. or is it leaking?

Attachments

• IMG_1782.jpg
    IMG_1782.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1784.jpg
    IMG_1784.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
B

Bsbuggs

Reaction score
I live in the midwest.. will be used for light off-roading.. I hunt a few times a year.

Raptor #1 is the modded one.. the owner is negotiable buuut man I get it he has over 25K into the truck.. I haven r=en ved countered with an offer .. cause its gonna hurt.. The current cat market is not seller friendly./. I fee for the guy.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
So the Roush was factory ordered WITH a supercharger? I am a Gen 2 guy, but from what I have seen on here is it's better to have a factory supercharger than one installed much later.

OP
OP
B

Bsbuggs

Reaction score
Exactly... and I agree.

I think im getting caught in the "DEAL".. meaning if I could score Raptor #1 for "a deaL" lest say 40K...Thanks what keeps me going back and forth..
The 58K mikes on Raptor #2 is appealing, AND it still has the pep in the step I'm looking for..

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bsbuggs

Reaction score
@burntouta
Thank you!!!!!

If anyone has an idea on a reasonable offer Ill take the advice..

The dealer wants 42K for Raptor #2...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the Roush was factory ordered WITH a supercharger? I am a Gen 2 guy, but from what I have seen on here is it's better to have a factory supercharger than one installed much later.
Just to clarify, Gen 1’s never had a factory supercharger. They left the factory as stock Raptors and were then sent to the upfitter (Roush, etc) to have the S/C, badges, decals, etc installed. Adding an S/C tends to crack exhaust manifolds and blow out cats long term, so the less time/miles it’s been on the better.