GEN 1 Calling Fellow Whippled/Supercharged Gen 1 Owners! Wisdom or Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hiya everyone, fairly recently got a Stage 1 Whipple kit put on my 2011 Gen 1 SCab, bought it at 79k and at ~95k miles on it now with maybe 1k with the blower. No major issues since ive owned it besides AC kicking the radiator fans on high and now getting ~8MPG in the city lol.

This is my first venture into any major vehicle mods besides a tune and I just wanted to see if any of y'all fellow supercharged Gen 1 owners had any wisdom regarding things to do or look out for moving forward?

I'm currently in Texas (DFW) area and there's a pretty good chance il be moving to New Mexico for work in the next month or so, as such if there's any maintenance items or things y'all recommend I get checked out id really rather get it sorted now while I still have ease of access to shops I know and trust.

Any and all responses/tips/advice etc are appreciated!

Thanks!

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you ever get your surging issues figured out? what kinda boost dose the Whipple make max? 8mpg seems low but the Roush in mine dose 11 city.....only makes about 10-11 LBS of boost. according it the gauge not sure I trust that 100%. lol

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hiya everyone, fairly recently got a Stage 1 Whipple kit put on my 2011 Gen 1 SCab, bought it at 79k and at ~95k miles on it now with maybe 1k with the blower. No major issues since ive owned it besides AC kicking the radiator fans on high and now getting ~8MPG in the city lol.

This is my first venture into any major vehicle mods besides a tune and I just wanted to see if any of y'all fellow supercharged Gen 1 owners had any wisdom regarding things to do or look out for moving forward?

I'm currently in Texas (DFW) area and there's a pretty good chance il be moving to New Mexico for work in the next month or so, as such if there's any maintenance items or things y'all recommend I get checked out id really rather get it sorted now while I still have ease of access to shops I know and trust.

Any and all responses/tips/advice etc are appreciated!

Thanks!
Not sure if this is "Wisdom" as you asked for...I have a 2014 Gen1 SCab w/Whipple with 70K on it.The Whipple was installed when Shelby did their mods when Raptor was brand new,and its been problem free.Disclaimer: blew pinion gear,so rebuild rear....could of been my heavy foot 1st couple years of ownership........
Being on here for a while,most I hear talked about is the Oil Pump Gears going bad....its an expensive fix to replace the Pump,but guess more expensive if you blow your motor......as mentioned above,just popping a SC on a 95K truck could be risky if bottom end wasnt reinforced......
With that said....depends on how you drive also....Wont lie,when I got it,first year or 2 I'd slam it from time to time....head back in seat slam....and sure you have too,and can feel the extra strain its putting on engine...I've found that a nice slow and steady increase on the gas still gets you to 80-90+ super fast and leaves you with a big grin just as much as beating on it...
So,if your going to slam it all the time.....might want to look into Oil Pump and beefing up the rear.....If your going to drive it semi-normal LOL....you should be OK......IMHO :)

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is "Wisdom" as you asked for...I have a 2014 Gen1 SCab w/Whipple with 70K on it.The Whipple was installed when Shelby did their mods when Raptor was brand new,and its been problem free.Disclaimer: blew pinion gear,so rebuild rear....could of been my heavy foot 1st couple years of ownership........
Being on here for a while,most I hear talked about is the Oil Pump Gears going bad....its an expensive fix to replace the Pump,but guess more expensive if you blow your motor......as mentioned above,just popping a SC on a 95K truck could be risky if bottom end wasnt reinforced......
With that said....depends on how you drive also....Wont lie,when I got it,first year or 2 I'd slam it from time to time....head back in seat slam....and sure you have too,and can feel the extra strain its putting on engine...I've found that a nice slow and steady increase on the gas still gets you to 80-90+ super fast and leaves you with a big grin just as much as beating on it...
So,if your going to slam it all the time.....might want to look into Oil Pump and beefing up the rear.....If your going to drive it semi-normal LOL....you should be OK......IMHO :)
This^

You will come to enjoy the torque curve.

Prochaged

8.5 mpg all day

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This^

You will come to enjoy the torque curve.

Prochaged

8.5 mpg all day
You not only enjoy that torque curve,you become addicted to it....o_O
Damn..8.5 mpg...someone has a heavier foot than me....worst I've got is 12...but its been 30 years since I did real city driving in NYC/NJ area....guess living in town of 800 is not only good for my health,but for my MPG....
I actually got 19 once and when guys check it out and ask what kind of MPG do I get, I show them the picture of my gauge...just dont tell them I was coasting down a hill for a mile.....:p:shakehead::p