Advice on this ‘14?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^those are Raptor-specific items to look for. If you are shopping for a used Mercedes, look for the turn signal arm that has never been used, dry cleaning receipts and Starbucks lids under the seat, and water stains on the dash where the owner cried after seeing his lease payoff.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Test drive and a lot of close checking rocker panels and cab corners. Carfax would be nice as passed maintenance history. If tires are worn down passed legal limits, they have to replace the tires. Keep us posted!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stevenemh

Reaction score
Not happy about having to replace all the ridiculous Amazon looking trim pieces with factory parts and whatever trim is glued(?) to the steering wheel. Also badges on the tailgate and the previous owner history makes me nervous but I’ll get further and see if it’s even worth the headache I feel it would be.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not happy about having to replace all the ridiculous Amazon looking trim pieces with factory parts and whatever trim is glued(?) to the steering wheel. Also badges on the tailgate and the previous owner history makes me nervous but I’ll get further and see if it’s even worth the headache I feel it would be.
5 owners in 10 years isn't crazy, but I would definitely ask dealer to run an Oasis report to see if/what was ever done at the dealership. The hideous trim pieces can be replaced, it looks like a street queen TBH.
It has a couple good things going for it if the Oasis and Car/Fax check out.
Its a 2014 SE and the last year of Gen 1 and only 62,000 miles...

Justbob

Reaction score
As said before, check all the classic things first. I would assume unless you have another Raptor to compare, the assessment of the shocks are a little tough (as mine went, it just started riding/driving like a regular F150). Run the vents through all the possible configurations to see if the bottom actuator is broken (constant clicking as it continues to turn and open the bottom vents) Check to see if the Fuse 27 fix has been completed (at least indicates one of the owners was diligent) I think the price isn’t awful given the mileage (I paid $40k for a 42k mile 2014 about 4 years ago, one owner) As for the god awful red trim. I would invest $30 in 3M vinyl wrap and a long Saturday afternoon and all should be well in the land of rainbows and unicorns.