BFG Projects?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Both tires in that pic are Baja T/A's, however, 'projects' are the tires on the left.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good ? Bad ? For light offroad.

How would they be on the street?

I have heard they flat spot when cold and sit over night. / ?

Price yuk over 700.00 on some sites.

Input from FRF members

Thanks

No point unless you are doing a lot of pre-running. Don't get me wrong, they are the BEST tire on the planet for fast desert type of terrain, but way overkill for the average raptor owner.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Just to clarify. The DOT version is the Baja TA with the project tread, its not actually a project, the projects have the ribbing on the side. They are really light tires, I think the 35 is actually lighter than the BFG AT, so they could potentially help fuel economy.

I just picked up a brand new set for less than one costs new, I'll let you know how they do, and no there isn't any more available... :(

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37s Fit if you have the steels to run them :waytogo:

Do you think the 37's will fit?

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Sold quick yes. I have more if you really want some.

What about 39s projects :peace:

I believe the tread pattern is the same.

Ask INI. He ran the 37 dot's and then sold them on here. I was about to jump on them but they sold too quick...

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Not all True. :waytogo:
BFG Projects are the tread pattern and the DOT have Ribs too.
2357-img-0187.jpg

These are DOT tires 17x37s BFG Baja projects.

2359-cimg3003.jpg

treypal;163 842 said:
Just to clarify. The DOT version is the Baja TA with the project tread, its not actually a project, the projects have the ribbing on the side. They are really light tires, I think the 35 is actually lighter than the BFG AT, so they could potentially help fuel economy.

I just picked up a brand new set for less than one costs new, I'll let you know how they do, and no there isn't any more available... :(

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Here are the BFG "race" Projects that we run on our Trophy Trucks.
They are called Baja T/A KR
2360-img-1219.jpg

Last edited:

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO If you have the Steels To run 37 projects its the only way to go.

you can't argue 25 years of Baja 1000 Wins.

They Look the best, are lighter then Red Letter Generals ( 20LBS lighter )

The only Down side is EVERYONE that knows anything about Offroad Racing wants them and asks where you got them :)

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

But there isn't a ribbed 35" dot right?

There is. I can order them today for you. :waytogo:

The only downside to New BFG Projects, they aren't cheap even with our race program.

Last edited:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey INI, If you have more available I'd take a dot approved set . I'll send you a PM... I'm currently running red label 37's and am looking forward to running something else. My comment about 37's fitting was only a joke.

Do the DOT's still get flat spots from sitting? I thought it was just the race tires that did that.

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Funny. I was reading that and was like wait doesn't he have 37 generals :)

I will save you a set of 37s DOT. No problem.

Those 37 Generals have got to be CRAZY heavy.

I weighed my 35s Red labels and they were 22LBS heaver then the 37 DOT BFG Projects.

The Flat spots thing is a comment I've heard before.. For some reason i didn't really have a issue but remember where we live. 300+ days of 75 degrees doesn't really get to cold :peace:

I guess i was lucky. They Balanced Perfect the first time with minimal weight

and the only thing i noticed was the flooded rain roads 2times a year made it interesting...could have been the fact that i was doing 60MPH while everyone else was rowing down the 405 at 20MPH. I guess i had faith in the rubber to asphalt

Flat spots can happen on any tire just depends what Tire Pressure you run and how thick the sidewall is.

Hey INI, If you have more available I'd take a dot approved set . I'll send you a PM... I'm currently running red label 37's and am looking forward to running something else. My comment about 37's fitting was only a joke.

Do the DOT's still get flat spots from sitting? I thought it was just the race tires that did that.