BFG Projects?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love projects. I had a set on my ranger a couple years back and they were absolutely unstoppable in the dirt. The only complaint I had was they absolutely sucked in the rain as there is no siping in the tread. BUT, living in arizona I didn't have to worry about that too much. haha.

OP
OP
Lance Vincent

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a what if ?

Say I got a set and the wet weather traction sucked.

A good friend of mine has 2 types of siping and grooving tools. He has raced dirt track for years and I have spent many late nights helping groove tires.

Some times he would have me cut about 1/4 wide v cuts and some times just slits where the lugs would rub and build heat faster.
It was kind of an art to tire set up for the differnt tracks, weather, temps etc.
One cool thing he made was a roller that he would pour this liquid in the tire and let it roll all night. The next day if you touch the tire tread it was super sticky. The liquid would soak in from the inside out makeing all of the tire sticky. He said other teams would just paint the stuff on the tread and would burn of after a few laps.

Any way im rambling.

I was thinking siping the center 3 rows of lugs since thay would have more road contact ?????

Kind of like pic

Attachments

• imagesCATDANGP.jpg
    imagesCATDANGP.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 117

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I considered this as well when I ran these tires. The only downside that I had was chunking. When the tread is broken up like that, it is more susceptible to changing terrain conditions i.e. packed dirt, rough rocky roads. After a while of beating on my truck the edges of the tread blocks began to crumble and break off. It looked terrible and I had to buy new tires fairly quickly. These were race only tires though so the tread compound was a little softer.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That was another concern of mine! haha. Always kept a ton of distance from other people in the rain... lol

Would be tough to defend that in a lawsuit! Could increase the chance in criminal charges being filed if someone was hurt. I would hate to be the shop that put those on! Even with a waiver it would be tough to defend.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I think tank tracks are lighter than Grabber Red Label's. If I had the cash to, I would definitely be running Baja T/A's over anything else.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would be tough to defend that in a lawsuit! Could increase the chance in criminal charges being filed if someone was hurt. I would hate to be the shop that put those on! Even with a waiver it would be tough to defend.

I only ran these because they were available at the shop(slightly used race tires) and super cheap, I got 5 for 500 bucks. I wouldn't recommend this to a lot of people just because of liability reasons. Lol.