best mods to keep truck running forever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Augster

Reaction score
On a Gen 1 that wasn't made for forced induction, you are playing with fire.

This has been true for any factory Normally Aspirated vehicle since the introduction of the ICE: Adding Nitrous oxide, supercharger, and/or turbocharger(s), the already higher static compression of typical NA engines would put yet additional stressors on the internals and head gasket(s). But tinkerers still do it for the coveted HP/TQ Holy Grail. Prudence is the key (limiting boost, adjusting timing, proper fuel, etc), and of course, ultimately rebuilding the long block to handle the additional power...

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends how how heavy your right foot is.
Well of course, but if you have a light right foot why bother with forced induction in the first place. I totally agree, but the OP asking about "running forever" leads me to think a good 100K trouble free miles isn't good enough.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yo! Curious what the group thinks are the best aftermarket addons to keep truck running smooth forever?

Purchased a 2013 with 51K miles last year and now have 56K miles. I have done a lot of visual upgrades over this last year but want to focus more on the longevity/engine side now. This truck will be my forever truck so just curious what I need to buy / do (outside of standard mileage maintenance)

View attachment 441523
Nice looking truck..
Forever truck eh...Don't think I've ever had one of those, but I have had 4 Raptors LOL.
These things are durable if you look after them, the 11 with all the suspension has seen a ton of desert and Baja, runs great. It gets fluids and filters more than most vehicles but I think that's why she doesn't have issues. Oil and filters are cheap insurance on keeping the dirt out of the engine.
I also do drain and fill/filter trans ever 30K since it sees a lot of off-road, diff's once a year, coolant every 2.
Replaced rack, pump, Lead Frame at 180, complete AC system at 210, other than that hardly anything else has failed. Sitting at 215,000 now.