Bedspread - Cause, Correction and Prevention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turf Tamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great news guys. I was down at Outlaw today to buy a set of hood light mounts and asked Conner if he was interested in producing a brace. Took him out and showed him my truck and he was a bit surprised. We even found the problem on a few of the trucks at the shop. This seems to be a issue most are unaware of and Conner was no exception, but he seems eager and willing to come up with a marketable solution. He took down my name and # and said he will be in touch.

Turf Tamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turf,

That's great. Did you show him the picture above? Also, whatever they come up with should work with Line-X'ed and non-sprayed beds. How thick do you think the Line-X is?

I expressed my desire for a adjustable setup and something that would still allow me to load my dirt and street bike in the bed. Line-X is only a few MM thick on the sides.

OP
OP
RaptorSteve

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking something as simple as a bar that extends across between where you drilled the holes for your bed bolts, with a tension adjustment nut or two. A Quick disconnect would be nice too.

Let me see if I can explain what I picture in my head. Bolt on "cups" on either side of the bed. the bar has square brackets on either end that drop in to the cups, insert receiver hitch like pin (but much smaller) through cup sides in to brackets, cotter pin in to beefier pin. Tensioner nut in the middle, reverse threaded on one side so that when you turn it with a large wrench it pulls the bed sides in, or in the case of an un-widened bed, protects from widening (hopefully).

Turf Tamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking something as simple as a bar that extends across between where you drilled the holes for your bed bolts, with a tension adjustment nut or two. A Quick disconnect would be nice too.

Let me see if I can explain what I picture in my head. Bolt on "cups" on either side of the bed. the bar has square brackets on either end that drop in to the cups, insert receiver hitch like pin (but much smaller) through cup sides in to brackets, cotter pin in to beefier pin. Tensioner nut in the middle, reverse threaded on one side so that when you turn it with a large wrench it pulls the bed sides in, or in the case of an un-widened bed, protects from widening (hopefully).

Talking with Conner I am under the impression he is going to be making something similar to what is below, but with adjustable rods at one end.

13259d1352059440-sema-run-uploadfromtaptalk1352059455212.jpg

13260d1352059453t-sema-run-uploadfromtaptalk1352059468532.jpg