Bedspread - Cause, Correction and Prevention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Are any bending in?? I know toyota tundras have that issue a lot and actually crush the corners of the tailgate.
image001.jpg

OP
OP
RaptorSteve

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what mine looks like on the passenger side.

I gots it bad.

3a691bfe0728ce82e5534b3628307be8.jpg

c3c5f25554da00ea457e482b95d439f6.jpg

92c05ed98b80c4bd63d8c04ac5254c3d.jpg

61a08b5223f679e78e00413e516ab035.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

I believe it is 2011 and up issue.. Both my 2011 and 2012 had this issue.

-Greg

Makes ya wonder WTF Ford did differently after the 2010 mode yearl. Same bed basically, right?

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I noted in the SEMA thread, the vendor that added the shims on the bed rails of my Pace Edwards roll back cover said that he sees the "spread" even on regular f-150 street queens. When I raised the issue on the phone, his response was immediate - need to shim it. He thinks the bed just settles in after a year or so. I can only assume that driving the truck hard in the desert aggravates the problem. Looking at the pics in the SEMA thread, my bedspread is as bad as others. But I don't really notice it. I do notice the chewed up fender flares and liners held on by zip ties, the bashed in skid plate, the bent front bumper, the crack in the fiberglass on the left front fender, the chips and pinstripes in the paint, the crack in the windshield and the impact spots on the rear of the cab from the bed and the pace edwards cover. Oh, and its a little dirty. Ha.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear that, I'm definitely more upset about my torn out wheel liner after one medium sized rut. Can't they make a liner that can 't be impacted by the tire?

There are fixes for the liner problem, but they don't really involve the liner. Ha. I am planning to go 3.0s all the way around. And with my front left fender already cracked (and one mounting point underneath ripped out) I will probably change the front fiberglass too. Really looking forward to seeing what the RPG guys come up with post-LPR.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Here is my theory:
How many of ya'll catch air on a regular basis? Are all of the guys with this issue running aftermarket bumpstops? Maybe the additional capability is letting ya'll push the trucks harder (ie more air, higher jumps). Those bedsides have inertia. When you jump and come down, hit the bumpstop, those bedsides are still trying to travel down. Only place for it to go is to pivot out (the bed floor to bed side connection is the pivot point).

Note: I am not aware of any bed changes from 2011 on. Not sure why Ford would see the need to change it mid run.

Last edited: