Battery Warning Indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MajorAR

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll try that tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I may unhook all my Rigid light connections in the engine compartment from the firewall pass through wires. That will be the ground truth to see if it's a "Ford" problem or "MajorAR" problem....so to speak.

Zoeth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try that tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I may unhook all my Rigid light connections in the engine compartment from the firewall pass through wires. That will be the ground truth to see if it's a "Ford" problem or "MajorAR" problem....so to speak.

Hey man check your ground connection to the lights and wherever you connected the ground to try and sand the metal down around it so you get a pure metal to metal contact. Some of the finishes and paints play games with electronics.

ya8904

Reaction score
Excuse me... what is end of the story? the ptroblem is solved? I have the same problem...

OP
OP
MajorAR

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was my ground to the battery. It was loose and arcing at the negative post on my battery. Tightened up the connection and that solved the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I had the same issue until a few weeks ago I started losing control systems 1 by 1 then all interior lights turned off.

Turned out my local dealership messed up the positive terminal when changing the battery and caused it to get corroded and eventually lead to what happened. I had to call road side assistance. He arrived, we cleaned the terminal and gave it a crank started up no problem and I took it to ford. Hopefully yours is completely resolved!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

JayneCobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping I have solved my battery warning light issue. I had a light bar, radio, and GPS installed at the sametime and just like Major 2 or 3 days later the light came on. Completely random in and out. I checked the light bar, all looked good. Reran the power cables for the radio, warning still was coming in. Reran GPS power still warning was coming in. Then I went back and checked every connection again for all three and then in the middle of testing the battery and alternator for a 4th time I noticed a some what loose nut on the positive terminal, really easy to miss. I tightened it down so far so good. Fingers are still crossed.

With the warning light ringing in and out randomly does point to a loose connection.

OP
OP
MajorAR

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds right. Mine was a loose negative battery terminal. Caused arcing and damn near caught my battery rubber terminal cover on fire.

Last edited:

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Sounds right. Mine was a loose negative battery terminal. Caused arcing and damn near caught my battery rubber terminal cover on fire.

Mine got burned where the nut sticks up and touches the rubber cover. Its easy to replace

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk