Baja design behind the grill light question regading upfitter/ outfitter switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdogg50

Reaction score
Hello All,

I installed my Baja design behind the grill light bar on my 2023 Raptor which blew my fuse. The problem is one video states to cut the wire and wire it to the upfitter switch and ground while the other tells me to use the relay to the battery and the blue to the upfitter switch. Did anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks

G

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with BD light bar.

How do you have the wires run? You want to run the switched power of the relay to the uplifter switch. Not the main power to the light. This will result in an over power/amp draw of the circuit and blow the fuse.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello All,

I installed my Baja design behind the grill light bar on my 2023 Raptor which blew my fuse. The problem is one video states to cut the wire and wire it to the upfitter switch and ground while the other tells me to use the relay to the battery and the blue to the upfitter switch. Did anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks

G

The highest-rated aux switch on the Gen 3 Raptor is 15 amps. The reason for the fuse blowing is due to the OnX6 pulling more amps than the switch is rated for. The only way to run the light would be with a relay. It would be powered via the battery and the relay would be triggered via the Aux switch.

I would strongly recommend checking our instructions below.

Best,

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Note that each of the switches only controls their own relay. The switch itself doesn’t carry any load other than the small relay it controls. The current limit for each switch appears to be dictated only by the wire size.

I just spent a while in the wiring schematics while connecting my switch #6 to control the CAC fans.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello All,

Thanks

G
Can you tell us exactly which kit you have? Knowing the lights that are in the kit allows us to know the amp draw of your setup to help figure out your wiring needs.