Battery Warning Indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2013 Raptor is throwing the Battery Warning Light for some reason.
I hooked up an ADD Venom front bumper and Rigid lights to my upfitter switches per the directions. All work very well and as expected. Now, 2 days later, my Battery Warning Light keeps triggering intermittently. I have 2,500 miles on my truck thus far.

I double checked all the connections at the upfitter side, and the engine compartment/firewall side. All are normal and secure.

My question is, anyone have a problem with this before?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nothing is staying on when you shut it off is it? Or is the light coming on while driving?

OP
OP
MajorAR

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its coming on while driving, and then turning off, then on again. All my electrical stuff inside and outside is working properly as far as I can tell.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its coming on while driving, and then turning off, then on again. All my electrical stuff inside and outside is working properly as far as I can tell.
The battery light is? Is it doing it randomly or say does it come on when braking or go off when accelerating?

OP
OP
MajorAR

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll have to do that, but the truck was built in September. I'm assuming Ford used a new battery, buuuuuut that's "assuming." I hope the problem is that easy, but I have the WORST luck ever. I'm anticpating a much more difficult fix.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
battery indicator generally means something is wrong with the vehicles charging system . my first thought is batter or alternator. since the alternator does not have a shelf life, i would check the battery first. also a quick test you can do is take a meter and set it to volts. start the truck and see what the voltage is at the battery. while the truck is running, you should see a minimum of 14 volts. with the truck off, it should be around 12.5

OP
OP
MajorAR

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Roger that. I'll try that tonight after work. Thanks. More to follow.

OP
OP
MajorAR

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's charging as required. 14.5v running and 13v when not. Should I try unhooking the battery for a few hours and then restart?