B&O Unleashed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiggerBrick

Reaction score
I recently got a 2019 with the B&O system…I see you guys talking about going “full volume” and kinda scratch my head lol. 12-14 is about as loud as I can stand it for any period of time haha

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, the B&O system is a great system. Any better and they'd have to start changing. Great upgrade ford!

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, the B&O system is a great system. Any better and they'd have to start changing. Great upgrade ford!
I think a better sub would allow me to take out some bass from the stock doors/tweeters/mids and be even happier with a stock system. I think I'm going to start with a sub update and see where it goes. I took it to my usual go-to shop and they quoted me around 7 for Focal's, behind seat box, 10" sub, amp and digital Ford interface. Little rich for my blood considering I'm not unhappy with stock.

Last edited:

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently got a 2019 with the B&O system…I see you guys talking about going “full volume” and kinda scratch my head lol. 12-14 is about as loud as I can stand it for any period of time haha
No offense......but you must have never sat in a car / truck with proper stereo and listened to it. It not always about how loud it can be played, but low volume fidelity.

When you do crank it. A proper stereo when played loud does not "hurt"..... but you definitely feel the music.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah no. 7k.
$7k for a sub setup is a little expensive. not usually the norm, but some focal subwoofers get up there in price depending on what you are wanting to use. a good setup for just an amp and sub would probably be half that, however fitting behind the rear seat may have something to do with the high price. i have not seen a decent aftermarket subwoofer fit behind the rear seat. im wondering if they are going to relocate the seat to accomodate the subwoofer enclosure? we normally do underseat subwoofer boxes. we build them to fit per each customer. 1, 2, or 3 subwoofers, all depends on what they want, but behind the seat is going to be a challenge for sure.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my usual go-to shop and they quoted me around 7 for Focal's, behind seat box, 10" sub, amp and digital Ford interface. Little rich for my blood considering I'm not unhappy with stock.

That is a case of not having the goals of the system clearly defined. Sure Focals are great, but they are very pricey and you then need way more power to drive them. The return on investment is not there. A $7,000 system is not going to sound twice as good or be twice as loud as a $3,500 one.

to replace the B&O system with a pro shop starting place is $,3000-$3,500. You can go higher, but if anyone tells you they can go lower, they are skipping things and you should run away.

If you know what you are doing, you can easily do it for $2,000-$2,500.

Someone quoting you $7,000 is just running up the score and trying to make a buck. If you don't understand the difference between a $3,000 and $7,000 stereo, you need to rethink if a new stereo is right for you.