automatic braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brakes applied automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The brakes applied automatically.

turn cruise off and start driving toward an object. See if it stops. If it dies you have automatic braking. If it doesn’t you don’t. 2018s and earlier don’t but do have adaptive cruise that you provided in your example. It’s not the same thing though.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read the manual guys and the OPs question. He has a 19. I posted the manual for a 19 above and my example of it working from my 802a ‘19.

The system that applies the brakes with ACC is the same system that does auto braking. By system I mean sensor and logic.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That all sounded snarky. Not my intent.

I mean, it’s in the manual for 2019s that there is braking assist. That system will apply the brakes automatically to avoid a collision and the ACC does not have to be on. It comes on automatically above 3mph.

I imagine the system is pretty conservative it’s logic ie it has to be damn near a collision for the brakes to activate. Probably much much closer than any of us would let the situation get to.

I’ve only had the pre collision warning go off once. On a right hand curve with a left turn lane at the apex of the curve. I think the truck saw all the cars in the turn lane and freaked out.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As said...it builds up line pressure.....but will not apply the brakes.

You will hit the car in front of you if you do nothing.

Building up the line pressure means you wont have to put the pedal to the floor to get maximum stopping power. When the brake is primed, just a simple touch of the pedal will in a sense go to 100% maximum brake force.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As said...it builds up line pressure.....but will not apply the brakes.

You will hit the car in front of you if you do nothing.

Building up the line pressure means you wont have to put the pedal to the floor to get maximum stopping power. When the brake is primed, just a simple touch of the pedal will in a sense go to 100% maximum brake force.
I don’t think that is entirely correct.

What you’re describing is step two of the logic. If you let it go far enough step three will apply the brakes.

I don’t have the balls to test it out though since it seems the logic is based on closure rate not just distance.

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know this works only with the '19 with 802A package.
Mine braked for a cyclist. I was on a priority road, he entered. Welcome in The Netherlands. The car started braking before I hit the brakes. (I had already my foot hoovering over the brake pedal, as I saw it coming.)