automatic braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

singh3204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does the gen 2 2019 raptor automatically brake to avoid a collision? i know it will beep at you, but i don't know if it will take over and brake for you.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does the gen 2 2019 raptor automatically brake to avoid a collision? i know it will beep at you, but i don't know if it will take over and brake for you.
Yes

Ask me how I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes

Ask me how I know.

Had the adaptive cruise in and someone cut in front of me too close. I had the distance set to max, and it felt like the rear wheels came off the ground the truck slowed down so quick.

SmokieRiver

Reaction score
Might be a difference here with the adaptive cruise control being on. I have not had the truck brake for me when the collision warning went off, and adaptive cruise control was off. I did not need to brake in a couple of the occasions because the car ahead of me was turning, so there was no overlap of potential braking (manual and automatic). 2019 Raptor

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Might be a difference here with the adaptive cruise control being on. I have not had the truck brake for me when the collision warning went off, and adaptive cruise control was off. I did not need to brake in a couple of the occasions because the car ahead of me was turning, so there was no overlap of potential braking (manual and automatic). 2019 Raptor

I’ve posted video showing it. I think what’s happening in addition to priming the brakes; basically making the brake pedal binary, it chops throttle via the stability circuitry and programming. I was cruising along on the interstate, passed someone as someone ahead changed lanes right, got in front of me and just dropped anchor, I think to make an exit that was way ahead... I got collision alert and never hit the brakes but slowed nonetheless and slowed pretty quickly.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had the adaptive cruise in and someone cut in front of me too close. I had the distance set to max, and it felt like the rear wheels came off the ground the truck slowed down so quick.

Adaptive cruise is not the same as auto brake