automatic braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're correct it will apply the brakes even if ACC isn't on, I know because that's exactly what mine did. Not only did the alert go off but my incident would've been an imminent crash, however, the brakes were also heavily applied prior to me stepping on the brakes and it saved me from a crash.

I own a 2019 802A with Technology package.

My 2017 does as well, and someone else with a 17 has a video on youtube showing it.

The manual for the 2017-18 says it only primes the brakes, but at least a few of us have trucks that will auto brake without the ACC on.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 does as well, and someone else with a 17 has a video on youtube showing it.

The manual for the 2017-18 says it only primes the brakes, but at least a few of us have trucks that will auto brake without the ACC on.

Maybe I'm not so crazy after all. Could swear mine does.. Just strange it wouldn't actually apply brakes when everything needed is already in use. If can brake while traveling at highway speeds, why wouldn't it do that instead of just getting ready to.

new challenge for the world... lets all put cardboard boxes if front of our avoidance equipped vehicles and see if it stops.