Auto start-stop and battery voltage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No.

I had to disable the stop/start because the restart was scramming my aftermarket amps, killing sound for several seconds each time. I put a meter on at the amps and replicated and was seeing as low as 9v at the amps when the truck restarted.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t know anyone actually used the garbage ASS feature.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No.

I had to disable the stop/start because the restart was scramming my aftermarket amps, killing sound for several seconds each time. I put a meter on at the amps and replicated and was seeing as low as 9v at the amps when the truck restarted.
rookie. haha. did you fix this?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
rookie. haha. did you fix this?
I disabled Auto Stop / start by purchasing the behind the dash doodad, not the plug into obd port doodad.

It probably should have been clueful to us that FORSCAN disabled it for the optional kicker sub and amp. I did actually leave Auto stop start alone while I had the stock amp. It was annoying to lose the bass at stoplights, but at most it would go one song - maybe as long as Hotel California, and then restart.

It was more annoying when I’d lose all sound for 3-4 seconds after I replaced the factory amp, so stop/start had to go.