GEN 2 Auto high beams causing road rage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. You can manually turn off when on and on when off but you can't stop it without the menus. At least not that I've found.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I hate false mis information like this. READ THE OWNERS MANUAL!!! You can disable auto high beam with the lever on the steering column

OP
OP
squeak

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate false mis information like this. READ THE OWNERS MANUAL!!! You can disable auto high beam with the lever on the steering column
We all do. I've toggled them before and the auto headlamps have always started again. And in my situation to toggle them would mean to flash them again which I was trying to avoid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

carmelk6

Reaction score
Had my Gen 2 for over 2 years, the auto high beam has worked very well. If anything it is too sensitive sometimes reflective signs will dim the lights.

^same. Raptor auto dim works better than the ‘18 Denali, fwiw.

Never had them not turn off when they should

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
This must be a gen 2 issue? I havent found the auto high beam button yet. And im glad, thats pretty much the most useless sensor. If you cant figure out when and when not to use high beams stick to low beams.

Uh, you're in the Gen2 section.

Mine work almost perfectly. The only time I had to toggle them off was in BFE West TX on some 2 lane highway in the middle of the night. The straight stretches of road were miles long and as I would come up on someone, like a 1/2 mile or more ahead, I figured it was a bit much to have the highs blasting their rear view mirrow.

Poidog

Reaction score
If you dont use the Auto function for the headlights, it does not use the auto highbeam. Just use the on position for the lights if you dont want it. Mine is a 2019 802A, tech package, etc etc.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was driving today down a twisty dark road. I must have flicked that lever 6-8 times to “disable” auto high beam. All it does is turn it off, but then it’s back on seconds later.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
The auto high beams can get annoying. I’m also wondering if there is a way to disable them while driving without jumping through menus.

If I remember correctly, all you have to do is hit your blinker as is you were turning on your brights when the Auto high beam is on and this will disable them and you can turn back on by simply turning on your high beams again.

Not sure if there is a preset time limit for re-enabling them.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that it disables it for about 20 seconds or so.