GEN 2 Auto high beams causing road rage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Auto High Beams are part of the Technology Package.

Raptor Technology Package Includes:
• Lane-Keeping System
• Lane Departure Warning
• Auto High Beam
• Rain-Sensing Wipers
The only option that should be in a raptor is rain sensing wipers.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine work fairly well. Perhaps I’d turn them off a second before they turn themselves off but no big deal. I think they take too long to come back on.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On my 2018, they have always worked fairly well. I cannot recall a time where they did not come on or off when I would not have done it myself. I was not aware that you could turn them off temporarily by pulling on the stalk, so I will have to try it the next time I am out at night.

Of course, I have the BD 30” curved light bar for those times I really need to be able to see at night. They make my brights seem like they are old, dim and yellow... :cool:

Remoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This must be a gen 2 issue? I havent found the auto high beam button yet. And im glad, thats pretty much the most useless sensor. If you cant figure out when and when not to use high beams stick to low beams.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tech package is the one thing I got I wish I would have just saved my money and not gotten. Rain sensing wipers were the primary thing I wanted, but they are so damn sensitive that I just disable it completely and turn the wipers on when it's raining.

Auto-high beam is something I disabled straight away because it doesn't work that well

Lane keep comes disabled and I've left it that way after briefly enabling it. Sometimes what it thinks are lanes aren't and I don't need it correcting me when no correction is necessary.

Lane departure warning I still have enabled but it's more of an annoyance than anything particularly helpful.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my Gen 2 for over 2 years, the auto high beam has worked very well. If anything it is too sensitive sometimes reflective signs will dim the lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free