GEN 2 Auto high beams causing road rage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the auto dimming headlights and it works pretty well for me. Generally goes on/off when it should.

The rain sensing wipers on the other hand are not so great. Doesn't always go on when I would want it and sometimes goes on when there is no rain.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People have mentioned the wipers so I’ll add my 2 cents. If you’ve ever owned a German car, you’d be kissing the Ford engineers for how well they programmed the wipers.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
People have mentioned the wipers so I’ll add my 2 cents. If you’ve ever owned a German car, you’d be kissing the Ford engineers for how well they programmed the wipers.

Careful, you’ll be branded a Euro-Phobe like me. I’ve certainly drawn the ire of the Europhile contingent here for pointing out that some European marques’ engineering teams are entirely too impressed with themselves.

Seriously, they will break their keyboards in abject disdain for your slightest critique of olde country vehicle ‘character’.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the owners manual "Overriding the System Push the lever away from you to switch between high beam and low beam." I wish more people read their owners manuals and stopped posting incorrect information. Most people are accurate but the few who make stuff up ruin it.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been pleasantly surprised at the speed and accuracy of the auto high beams.
But I turned them off as soon as I could. I don't like high beaming pedestrians, people on bikes etc. Back to the good ol fashioned way. I can see where they would work really well, and in more congested areas, the constant on / off isn't particularly helpful.

I've had rain sensing wipers on other vehicles and these are next level good by comparison.

Lane departure is good for the 0.000001% of times I might be tired and pushing to the next town. Not to the point of being a danger, but know I am pushing that last bit. So, would turn it on then only as a backup. Otherwise, not helpful.

Lane keeping is interesting. I tried it just to see if it worked. Then turned it off.

The adaptive cruise control takes some getting used to. I want to brake soooooo bad rather than trust the bot. It works great for stop and go if there is just one lane in your direction. Otherwise people just cut in constantly, even set at the shortest gap allowed.