GEN 2 Auto high beams causing road rage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I was driving home and an older Jeep Wrangler pulled out in front of me. All the sudden he slowed below the speed limit and I thought my high beams turned off as a car was passing but wasn't sure. Another car went by and sure enough high beams come back on and then go back off as another car approaches. Apparently his taillights were too dim for the sensor to recognize and it appeared as if I was flashing my high beams. This happened at least three times. I knew there was a setting I could change but he was tapping his brakes so I couldn't look for it. He turns into a convenience store and flips me off. I thought about stopping and explaining but just kept going. Had the truck for 2+ years and first issue I've had with this feature. Anyone else nearly been in a fight because of their truck? Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I was driving home and an older Jeep Wrangler pulled out in front of me. All the sudden he slowed below the speed limit and I thought my high beams turned off as a car was passing but wasn't sure. Another car went by and sure enough high beams come back on and then go back off as another car approaches. Apparently his taillights were too dim for the sensor to recognize and it appeared as if I was flashing my high beams. This happened at least three times. I knew there was a setting I could change but he was tapping his brakes so I couldn't look for it. He turns into a convenience store and flips me off. I thought about stopping and explaining but just kept going. Had the truck for 2+ years and first issue I've had with this feature. Anyone else nearly been in a fight because of their truck? Lol

The auto high beams can get annoying. I’m also wondering if there is a way to disable them while driving without jumping through menus.

OP
OP
squeak

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The auto high beams can get annoying. I’m also wondering if there is a way to disable them while driving without jumping through menus.
I don't think so. You can manually turn off when on and on when off but you can't stop it without the menus. At least not that I've found.

bigskyRaptor

Reaction score
I disabled it as soon as I got the truck. There is a delay in its action sometimes. I’m not comfortable waiting for the thing to turn itself off when I would have done it already. Not cool for oncoming traffic.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The Rap auto high beams will go off at the drop of a hat. And the Raptor will drop the hat.

if the truck in front was getting beamed it’s a bummer, but chances are they’d flunk a safety inspection.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The Rap auto high beams will go off at the drop of a hat. And the Raptor will drop the hat.

if the truck in front was getting beamed it’s a bummer, but chances are they’d flunk a safety inspection.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Auto High Beams are part of the Technology Package.

Raptor Technology Package Includes:
• Lane-Keeping System
• Lane Departure Warning
• Auto High Beam
• Rain-Sensing Wipers