Arrrgh, what tire...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yokohama a/t geolanders were great on my f350 very quiet tire with good off road tread.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are those wearing for ya? This is a close second to what I want... Just dont know a lot of ppl that are using now..
Is this the size you went with? Size: 35X12.5R17

I love em Hockster. They tore throught the snow and they rip through mud, and so far have shown zero wear after 5k miles.

Yes, 35X12.5X17.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love em Hockster. They tore throught the snow and they rip through mud, and so far have shown zero wear after 5k miles.

Yes, 35X12.5X17.

Sorry Juicehead, I stole the thread my apologies... But its for good tires and a good cause right!!! ha ha ha
Blue, those tires look awesome on your truck!!!

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No problem...

did you guys notice any mpg loss w/ any of these tires?

not at all..if anything gained..they weigh i think 6 lbs less then stock..

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

1 vote for BFG KM2s.

Aggressive tread, only slightly louder than stock.

009-5.jpg

I like those tires two..my cousin is running them on his dakota.

only thing that steers me away from those is my girlfriends dads f350 had them on there..37x12.50x20 and he had them sling tread on him going 70 down the highway..messed up the rear quarter panel pretty good and ever had some hitting his drivers window! after that he looked at the others and they were splitting as well..needless to say he got a check in the mail..

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not at all..if anything gained..they weigh i think 6 lbs less then stock..

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

I like those tires two..my cousin is running them on his dakota.

only thing that steers me away from those is my girlfriends dads f350 had them on there..37x12.50x20 and he had them sling tread on him going 70 down the highway..messed up the rear quarter panel pretty good and ever had some hitting his drivers window! after that he looked at the others and they were splitting as well..needless to say he got a check in the mail..

Must have been a bad set. :think:

The KM2s are "R" rated, safe to 106 MPH, which is good as I have been over 100 several times..No issues. :favorites37:

Beginning in 1991, the speed symbol denoting a fixed maximum speed capability of new tires must be shown only in the speed rating portion of the tire's service description, such as 225/50R16 89S. The most common tire speed rating symbols, maximum speeds and typical applications are shown below:

L 75 mph 120 km/h Off-Road & Light Truck Tires
M 81 mph 130 km/h
N 87 mph 140km/h Temporary Spare Tires
P 93 mph 150 km/h
Q 99 mph 160 km/h Studless & Studdable Winter Tires
R 106 mph 170 km/h H.D. Light Truck Tires
S 112 mph 180 km/h Family Sedans & Vans
T 118 mph 190 km/h Family Sedans & Vans
U 124 mph 200 km/h
H 130 mph 210 km/h Sport Sedans & Coupes
V 149 mph 240 km/h Sport Sedans, Coupes & Sports Cars

Last edited by a moderator:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes--tire types kill MPG or make it better. Have had several types of tire on this Raptor--General red letter 35x12.5/18, GY MTR's 35x12.50/18 and now the 37x12.50/18 Yoko ATS. The ATS gets over the same 5 mile stretch of road. Think of it as a game set the MPG everyday going to work at the same place to compare. Corrected for speed change using my GPS so I am running the same speed a smooth actual 60mph. The Yoko’s get almost 1.8mpg better than the MTR’s and 2.2 MPG better than the Generals. All tires were inflated to max pressure with nitrogen---have fun doing this and you learn a lot about wind and how it kills mpg. Example my best on the Yoko’s has been 20.2mpg with a 40mph tail wind and the worst was going the opposite direction when I was going to breakfast 13.5 lol!

Yes the 37’s run a little less RPM at 60 but the tread on the Yoko’s is a mild A/T tread and handles so much better than the others and it rolls easier. They are heavier than the MTR’s but not the General Red Letter tires. My concern is ground clearance, sand and rock traction for SE NM where I have to go to check water meters on our ranch. Here in Texas it is just plain rocky dirt and mud on the place here---the Yoko is not a mud tire but after 20 4wd’s and well over a 50 sets of tires from Desert Dog PCV’s to these Yokos I know the terrain I have to go on and what tire is needed to get me out of tough spots. The days of aggressive M/T are pretty much over for me because I no longer run the oil burners lol! Much easier to get out of bad stuff with the lightweight trucks….

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Must have been a bad set. :think:

The KM2s are "R" rated, safe to 106 MPH, which is good as I have been over 100 several times..No issues. :favorites37:

Beginning in 1991, the speed symbol denoting a fixed maximum speed capability of new tires must be shown only in the speed rating portion of the tire's service description, such as 225/50R16 89S. The most common tire speed rating symbols, maximum speeds and typical applications are shown below:

L 75 mph 120 km/h Off-Road & Light Truck Tires
M 81 mph 130 km/h
N 87 mph 140km/h Temporary Spare Tires
P 93 mph 150 km/h
Q 99 mph 160 km/h Studless & Studdable Winter Tires
R 106 mph 170 km/h H.D. Light Truck Tires
S 112 mph 180 km/h Family Sedans & Vans
T 118 mph 190 km/h Family Sedans & Vans
U 124 mph 200 km/h
H 130 mph 210 km/h Sport Sedans & Coupes
V 149 mph 240 km/h Sport Sedans, Coupes & Sports Cars

Sorry Blue, highlighted your list to stand out better.