Anyone go to a Platinum 5.0 and regret it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allmarine

Reaction score
They are really 2 totally different vehicles. I bought a Raptor because it had all the high performance bits on it and looked awesome. i had no intention of ever going off road so it was a waste of a good vehicle really. I sold it and the new owner blew up the engine within a month towing a 7t trailer on his farm. He should have bought a super duty.
I bought a Shelby F150, couldn't be happier.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are really 2 totally different vehicles. I bought a Raptor because it had all the high performance bits on it and looked awesome. i had no intention of ever going off road so it was a waste of a good vehicle really. I sold it and the new owner blew up the engine within a month towing a 7t trailer on his farm. He should have bought a super duty.
I bought a Shelby F150, couldn't be happier.

That escalated quickly.

Santiago Palacio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, has anyone traded their 2017+ Raptor in for a 2018+ platinum 5.0? I'm thinking of going to the 5.0 and was wondering if anyone has and regretted it.

Thanks!
The only reason why I would get a 5.0 would be to boost it, but that's just me. Besides that, I dont see any upgrade by going to a platinum

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant attest for the Ram buy backs - I work for a salvage company and we get all their buy backs. We have gotten in a few dodges. One very nice rebel in white....most had leaking issues on the dealer lots so never made it to a consumer. Interiors soaked and stink like mildew.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Freakin' Ram haters here are sniffing glue. I've had 4 Ram trucks. Had a clutch replaced in an '06 SRT10 (my fault), two broken exhaust studs in a '12 1500 Sport, nothing in the Rebel and now have a'19 Power Wagon which is just freeking bad ass. Interior blows the Raptor away, fit/finish etc.

Seriously?? Just read a little bit about the 19's on, and than tell me who is snuffing glue! A nice truck that has all kinds of crazy issues is no longer a nice truck!

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously?? Just read a little bit about the 19's on, and than tell me who is snuffing glue! A nice truck that has all kinds of crazy issues is no longer a nice truck!

Fiat has implemented their No Quality program at Dodge. Milk It Baby!

Aloha to Dodge & Ram, HT

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
No mention of what makes a Raptor a Raptor....the suspension.

who gives a crap about the factory suspension?

Look, the big differences in the raptor that make it what it is:

1. A stronger frame ( with different geometry) and stronger cab.

2. "modes", (braking modes and traction control/sway control modes are the most impactful)

So, If you want those two things, you need to start with a raptor.

If you are going mid-travel and maybe back half, with a cage and a currie, etc, etc etc.... Perhaps opt for starting with a 5.0 truck. Do the petty p43 supercharger. Drop your 800hp truck off with a builder with a check for 150K, then pick up a raptor killer in 6-12 months.

so, if you want to build incrementally, or not at all = Raptor

Full build, right out of the gate: V8 F-150.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zero recalls on my old Rebel or my new Power Wagon. My PW is solid...!

How those frozen door locks on those F-150's lol, or those cam phaser problemos, or those warped plastic oil pans that Ford thinks is ok to replace with the same part, or the wavy aluminum around the door pulls, or that piped in fake ass motor sound verrrr verrrrr verrrrr I'm sure you love that...!!! Glad I sold my Jen II when I did :lol2:
:3681700093_1f8b56e8