Anyone go to a Platinum 5.0 and regret it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I dunno, I'd consider a power wagon if they actually came with a Cummins and a good transmission. but they don't so i won't.

Not with your measly 8K lb towing capability we're not :lol2:

If you checked a Ram out you would very likely change your mind. Ram build quality, materials, fit/finish, tech etc has become a step above Ford in this generation.

Had some problems with my Raptor. Not necessarily big problems but some stupid stuff like frozen locks, rattling upon startup, leaky plastic oil pan etc. The value however has gone down significantly. It is worth $10K less from last June. People know that the V8 will be in the 3rd Gen I suspect, and the market is saturated.

And good on you for selling that FPC time bomb in the GT350. The engine in my '16 shit the bed at 3K miles. Ford replaced it with a '17 that I had to wait 6 months for. By then I lost faith in the 5.2, read all the oil consumption issues and blown engines that continued to happen. That whole 5.2 FPC was an experiment that Ford will be glad to put out to pasture. Engines are not really Ford's forte when you consider the 5.2 FPC, 5.0 ticking they say is normal and all the eco boost problems they've had with cam phaser problems etc.

i beat the shit out of my gt350 for 30K track miles. Never had an issue. I only had the motor built because i wanted more power and higher revs.

unfortunately, the guy that I sold it to totaled it within a week.

the voodoo motors HATE being babied or lagged. They hold up just fine if you drive them at 7/10s or more. they explode if you go slow.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not with your measly 8K lb towing capability we're not :lol2:

If you checked a Ram out you would very likely change your mind. Ram build quality, materials, fit/finish, tech etc has become a step above Ford in this generation.

Had some problems with my Raptor. Not necessarily big problems but some stupid stuff like frozen locks, rattling upon startup, leaky plastic oil pan etc. The value however has gone down significantly. It is worth $10K less from last June. People know that the V8 will be in the 3rd Gen I suspect, and the market is saturated.

And good on you for selling that FPC time bomb in the GT350. The engine in my '16 shit the bed at 3K miles. Ford replaced it with a '17 that I had to wait 6 months for. By then I lost faith in the 5.2, read all the oil consumption issues and blown engines that continued to happen. That whole 5.2 FPC was an experiment that Ford will be glad to put out to pasture. Engines are not really Ford's forte when you consider the 5.2 FPC, 5.0 ticking they say is normal and all the eco boost problems they've had with cam phaser problems etc.

I really hate to name call,

but you are just such an idiot that I can’t help myself.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got $55K for my ecopoof Raptor last June. Worth $10K less now. Who's the idiot :lol2:

A year and a half passed, and the value of a used vehicle went down? Really? Fascinating.

And BTW, "I told you so" about your GEN II being a POS. You had to defend your purchasing decision at the time, but you've seen the light at least.

If we want an Italian truck with a mustache, we know where to go. Thanks for your input.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
A year and a half passed, and the value of a used vehicle went down? Really? Fascinating.

And BTW, "I told you so" about your GEN II being a POS. You had to defend your purchasing decision at the time, but you've seen the light at least.

If we want an Italian truck with a mustache, we know where to go. Thanks for your input.

Dude?! I really resent when you troll an actual troll :)

Your role here is to troll the gen2 forums - all of them and nothing more. Not an actual troll that we’ll be rid of soon enough

c’mon. step up your game here.