Platinum wrapping film

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmundy41

Reaction score
I am looking to get back into a raptor after being in a bronco for the last year and a half. Love the bronco but it’s no raptor.

I found a pretty clean one for sale. It’s built the way I would like. However it had a vinyl wrap (platinum wrapping film is the brand) put on in 2020. It still looks great but just wondering how long these will last. I’ve searched the forum but was just hoping to get some more info. Don’t really want to throw another 5k (or more) for a wrap in a year or two after buying.

My other question would be can I expect the paint underneath (Oxford white) to be in good shape where I wouldn’t have to wrap again upon removal?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am looking to get back into a raptor after being in a bronco for the last year and a half. Love the bronco but it’s no raptor.

I found a pretty clean one for sale. It’s built the way I would like. However it had a vinyl wrap (platinum wrapping film is the brand) put on in 2020. It still looks great but just wondering how long these will last. I’ve searched the forum but was just hoping to get some more info. Don’t really want to throw another 5k (or more) for a wrap in a year or two after buying.

My other question would be can I expect the paint underneath (Oxford white) to be in good shape where I wouldn’t have to wrap again upon removal?
The paint should be fine IF the person removing it knows what they are doing. You can't just grab a corner of it and start ripping it off. That can pull paint with it. If it's heated and carefully removed the paint should be like new underneath.