Anyone else seeing thier radio and display completely rest while driving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has happened 3 times so far while driving down the road.

All random though last when I hit a small bump, the radio 802A display completely goes blank, all music or media stops and it resets with the turn on screen that says RAPTOR?

Anyone else see this or seen a link discussing it?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Have not seen or heard of this, had mine since mid January.

closest I can report is
- once in a while, iphone is not usable as a source over bluetooth, leaving me stuck on sirius 3 until I power cycle the radio
- once in a while I get a scenario where I’m unable to change the source via the media button or touch screen. again, got to power cycle. I believe this is the bluetooth with my iPhone, but I am not fully sure. it’s rare so hard to pin down.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had very similar issues with gen 1 raptor but nothing on gen 2. As stated above, it sounds as though something might be lose. Might see if the dealer can flash software and see if that fixes the issue prior to chasing down lose connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Remember when I typed I’d never seen or heard of this?

I came out of the range last night and the whole radio/nav/touchscreen display was blank. No splash, no tunes, nada. Backup alarm worked, but touch screen blank. I quickly went through all the stages of grief.

I shut the truck down, and restarted. Nada. tried all manner of buttons, no joy.
Now I figure F***, I head to Raptor Assault tomorrow, and get to come back and schedule service. Despite having no tunes, I am reasonably sure the engine audio enhancement is still active.

I get home, back in the driveway old school - using mirrors and such and power down. I power back up and what does the touch screen do ?

comes alive with “Raptor” and inits as usual. <-- Interestingly, when it does this, my iPhone screen activates ... hmm... I am pretty sure it was showing music / iTunes whatever the app is called.

I suspect this was some variation of an initial sync up issue with the phone.
And I suspect this is different than Reno’s issue.

weird.

I also found this online. http://m.ford.oemdtc.com/GSB/G0000097.pdf

Last edited: