Anyone drop the headliner yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headliner Removal...anyone done it yet?

Well I'll coming from my full size tahoe with TONS of dynamat in it to the Raptor, so it basically sounds like a tin can to me at this point. I will eventually do the full audio system so I'm going to knock out some of the pre-system stuff now.

In the next week or two I'd like to ge the headliner out and do the roof. I saw Noah's how-to on the door panel removal and was just wonding if anyone had dropped the headliner yet? Any tips or tricks? I'd like to get the roof and back wall done in one sitting, with the doors to follow after and as much as the floor without gutting the interior.

- Travis

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'll coming from my full size tahoe with TONS of dynamat in it to the Raptor, so it basically sounds like a tin can to me at this point. I will eventually do the full audio system so I'm going to knock out some of the pre-system stuff now.

In the next week or two I'd like to ge the headliner out and do the roof. I saw Noah's how-to on the door panel removal and was just wonding if anyone had dropped the headliner yet? Any tips or tricks? I'd like to get the roof and back wall done in one sitting, with the doors to follow after and as much as the floor without gutting the interior.

- Travis

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sure Noah can help you. Bit early for him but he'll chime in here in a few hours.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the headliner..... well considering you have an s cab, it will be much easier. us crewcab guys, its going to suck. whats the difference? getting it out once its dropped down. all the s cab guys can pull it out the side. the crews have the full door in the rear and the b pillar to deal with.

couple tips on removal, you will have to remove all the paneling that is helping hold it in place including the airbag clip.... not hard, but annoying. best thing to do once it is loose (dont do this until AFTER everything is removed. the headrests help hold the headliner high enough and will help prevent creases) is to recline the front seats all the way down to allow more room to remove out through the passenger door. make sure the there are no wires glued to the headliner. just about every manufacturer has at some point glued wires to the headliner. check this before moving the headliner too far. you dont want to rip any wires. watch for the side curtain airbags dont damage them. other than that, its very straightforeward.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you doing full dynamat laying or just strips to deaden the noise? Dang I will have to add this to mod list, good thing I have some left over dyna mat....

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grab Bars

I'm curious when you get the headliner out if there are any nutcerts or anything to install a grab bar above the passenger seat? That's one of the only complaints I have for this truck is not having a grab bar above the passenger seat for the passenger to hold onto when driving hard across the desert or into some of those gotchas on dirt roads etc. I was thinking just maybe Ford may have hid some up there for another use on other trucks.
Mil T