B&O Headliner Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erniecsays

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone else have the grey speakers in the headliner sounds like trash from time to time? Certain songs playing on airplay, and about half the time I’m on a phone call on the hands free they crackle and sound distorted.

Preface: factory settings on the Audio levels with the surround option. Had to dial them down because any adjustments on mids etc above the medium factory setting the crackling becomes more pronounced.

Kind of a bummer, the system generally sounds pretty decent but the crackling is very annoying.

Anyone else experiencing this issue and any ideas on how to deal with it? Not super excited about taking it in on warranty as I understand the whole headliner needs to come down to attempt to address it.

Thanks!

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I havent experianced this but I have been dealing with no bass at all lately..... Thinking of just having everything replaced as this system is just meh.

walk136

Reaction score
I have this exact problem. Took mine to the dealer and after (I assume a very weak inspection) they claimed the battery was to blame. New battery. Same problem. Would love any other help or advice

Jeff G

Reaction score
I just experienced the same crackling in the overhead grey speakers this morning... I have had my 23 for just a week now and haven't even pumped up the volume past 8. There wasn't a problem the day prior. I am in the process of having the dealer look into it but if anyone finds anything out I sure would appreciate you sharing.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone else have the grey speakers in the headliner sounds like trash from time to time? Certain songs playing on airplay, and about half the time I’m on a phone call on the hands free they crackle and sound distorted.

Preface: factory settings on the Audio levels with the surround option. Had to dial them down because any adjustments on mids etc above the medium factory setting the crackling becomes more pronounced.

Kind of a bummer, the system generally sounds pretty decent but the crackling is very annoying.

Anyone else experiencing this issue and any ideas on how to deal with it? Not super excited about taking it in on warranty as I understand the whole headliner needs to come down to attempt to address it.

Thanks!

I havent experianced this but I have been dealing with no bass at all lately..... Thinking of just having everything replaced as this system is just meh.

I have this exact problem. Took mine to the dealer and after (I assume a very weak inspection) they claimed the battery was to blame. New battery. Same problem. Would love any other help or advice
Gentlemen…upgrade, upgrade, upgrade and never look back! You’ll thank yourself later.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The B&O system sucks end of story hench why so many here upgraded their system. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gentlemen…upgrade, upgrade, upgrade and never look back! You’ll thank yourself later.
I dont even know what to do to upgrade. I dont wanna spend a ton but... I want it to be twice as loud with a single 10". Loosing the rear flat floor when I fold up the seat is something I really wan loose at the same time... Being a musician.. this is the worst premium audio system I have ever had.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you dont upgrade the headrest speakers, center channel or the headliner speakers. i guess you can do the center channel if you want, but the others, dont even bother. you need the nav tv zen module and new speakers and amps at minimum. all of our jobs we use a sound processor and sound deadening as well.