Anyone drop the headliner yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 75 squar feet to play with, so I plan on doing as much as possible within reason (pain in the ass). I don't want to pull the front seats, or the center console. I plan on doing the full roof, back wall, and both inner and outer skin of the doors. I will also try and get to as much of the floor as possible by lifting up the carpet, but like I said...I'm not going to totally strip it. I would like to get the roof and back wall done in one sitting.

I am hoping to get it done on thursday but there might be an issue with the stuff getting here by then.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got 75 squar feet to play with, so I plan on doing as much as possible within reason (pain in the ass). I don't want to pull the front seats, or the center console. I plan on doing the full roof, back wall, and both inner and outer skin of the doors. I will also try and get to as much of the floor as possible by lifting up the carpet, but like I said...I'm not going to totally strip it. I would like to get the roof and back wall done in one sitting.

I am hoping to get it done on thursday but there might be an issue with the stuff getting here by then.
you will need more..... a lot more... trust me

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DONE. What a difference in noise level inside the cab. It's honestly like a different truck. I'll try and do a brief write up in the next few days for you guys.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't see this so I could chime in, but Bussa had you covered anyway..
Glad you got it with no prob...

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does having/not having a moon roof make a differance as some of the real estate is not metal??? I would think the moon roof, with its mounts and braces, would have less kettle drum effect!!!!

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question! I'm planning to just do the doors and back wall for now. Was going to try to avoid having to pull the carpet and headliner out if I didn't have to. Got the moonroof as well and wasn't even sure how much could even be done without effecting its operation.

I'm going to start with some dynamat type stuff to start and eventually add foam and mass loaded vinyl.

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I found doing the roof and the back half doors made the most difference in overall noise. I wish I could cover up those stupid air passages in the back wall...The headliner was very easy to remove, in my SCab anyway.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing as much flexible metal as you can will always help..
The floor is really not needed...Ford has put heavy sound deadening material on it for us in key areas...If you do peal the carpet back you will see strings of epoxy that were laid down and allowed to harden..
010-33.jpg

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing as much flexible metal as you can will always help..
The floor is really not needed...Ford has put heavy sound deadening material on it for us in key areas...If you do peal the carpet back you will see strings of epoxy that were laid down and allowed to harden..
010-33.jpg

In my '13 there was very little factory deadener. No epoxi strips like in your picture and only a few 5x10 inch peices of factory deadener, mainly on the doors. If my memory serves me correct it was one strip on each major section of the door and a few here and there on the roof.

- Travis

Wrong Way

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sure Dyna mat is not the only manufacture of this type of product, what are some other companies to check out? How about the weight, thickness etc.. Just looking for options if there is any?