Anyone do IWE TSB out of basic warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hdscreens

Reaction score
Getting the IWE TSB issue done this week. My Raptor has about 50k miles but ESP with $200 deductible that they say I’ll have to pay. Looking at the power train warranty which is 5yr/60K miles wouldn’t that cover this TSB to avoid paying my $200 deductible? Anyone with actual experience in the matter?

B31A8459-6DD2-4E07-B11B-5BE09F1ABF52.jpeg

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting the IWE TSB issue done this week. My Raptor has about 50k miles but ESP with $200 deductible that they say I’ll have to pay. Looking at the power train warranty which is 5yr/60K miles wouldn’t that cover this TSB to avoid paying my $200 deductible? Anyone with actual experience in the matter?

View attachment 153033
Why would the ESP say you have to pay? Is it the basic or premium one?

OP
OP
H

Hdscreens

Reaction score
Premium esp but went with $200 deductible. TSB’s aren’t treated the same recalls and they have option to charge for TSB if out of basic 3yr/36 k warranty. Power train warranty has suspension w/front and rear components covered but not sure if this IWE TSB has loopholes for Ford.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Premium esp but went with $200 deductible. TSB’s aren’t treated the same recalls and they have option to charge for TSB if out of basic 3yr/36 k warranty. Power train warranty has suspension w/front and rear components covered but not sure if this IWE TSB has loopholes for Ford.

Per the 2020 Parts Coverage Directory on FMC Dealer, the IWE itself (base part # 3C247) is covered under powertrain warranty. Same with the wheel bearing (1104) and axle (3B436). I’m no Warranty Administrator, but I’m not seeing why this wouldn’t be covered under Powertrain.

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way I understood premium ESP is: if something breaks (inside or outside) it’ll get fixed. Not just recalls or TSBs, but really anything that breaks. Unless you broke it willingly or because of mods or driving under certain conditions.
I was still going to purchase an ESP but you saying they aren’t even wanting to cover the IWE TSB makes me change my mind. Particularly premium ESP which basically covers the entire vehicle except “usage parts” like brake pads.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The way I understood premium ESP is: if something breaks (inside or outside) it’ll get fixed. Not just recalls or TSBs, but really anything that breaks. Unless you broke it willingly or because of mods or driving under certain conditions.
I was still going to purchase an ESP but you saying they aren’t even wanting to cover the IWE TSB makes me change my mind. Particularly premium ESP which basically covers the entire vehicle except “usage parts” like brake pads.

ESP is covering it, but he has a $200 deductible. You can choose your deductible when buying a plan. He is asking why the dealer is claiming it’s not being covered under the 5yr/60k Powertrain warranty, which of course would cost him nothing.

OP
OP
H

Hdscreens

Reaction score
Update**
After, bringing it their attention it was covered under power train warranty. They just weren’t aware of it till I brought up and showed them what it should cover.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update**
After, bringing it their attention it was covered under power train warranty. They just weren’t aware of it till I brought up and showed them what it should cover.

Glad to hear you're being taken care of. Some of these dealers are really clueless.