BaseCARE vs ExtraCARE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Base Care ONLY warranties 84 components. Extra care ONLY warranties 113 components. Get the Premium care , it is essentially bumper to bumper, 1000+ Components. These trucks are high tech, for a few dollars more make sure that you are covered.
The Premium care only extra covers Emissions, Audio and Safety. Here in CA we get a state law of 7 years on emissions or at least the CAT and not o2 sensors but they are easy to change out. Audio, I guess could be big but is that the touch screen nav system or is that under "high tech"? For safety, i'm not worried so much since everything there is a pretty easy standard fix. Only thing that could be an issue is an airbag on that one.

Am I missing something when it comes to this? Maybe I am reading the wrong screen? Under audio it still says CD player lol

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at all the individual components in each section that are covered. For example, the Extra Care only has 10 items listed in the High Tech section that are covered. The Premium Care has about 30 components listed in the High Tech section.

Look closely at all that is covered. There’s a big difference between 113 things covered and 1000+.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I stated this on a few other threads re: warranty, I have always been against buying a warranty for my vehicles always thought just "bank" the $3k-$5k these factory warranties usually cost and use that if/when you have an issue.

However, I joined FRF right after my MY22 order was placed, I learned from many OG's on here about Flood Ford ESP warranty. Long story short I got a 7yr, 100Kmile, $100 deductible PremimiumCare warranty for just under $1500! Dealer wanted $4k+, ultimately claimed a bagain offer at $3k. I showed them my print out of Flood Ford @ $1470 they claimed their costs was $2200. I said no problem, I'll order straight from Flood Ford. They were like, I don't blame you, we can't touch that. Next day ordered online thru Flood Ford and on my Ford Pass within the hour. Thanks to contributers on this forum for sharing...
How did you land on the 7 year 100k mark? Maybe I should just be downgrading from 150k? Just curious how other people are thinking on this one before I pull the trigger.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
How did you land on the 7 year 100k mark? Maybe I should just be downgrading from 150k? Just curious how other people are thinking on this one before I pull the trigger.
Raptor not my only vehicle and my current car is a 2015 with 90K and was my primary car, so figured 100k in 7yrs for me will be plenty...

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look at all the individual components in each section that are covered. For example, the Extra Care only has 10 items listed in the High Tech section that are covered. The Premium Care has about 30 components listed in the High Tech section.

Look closely at all that is covered. There’s a big difference between 113 things covered and 1000+.
Ok, I see what I was doing wrong. I wasn't clicking on the link to "see the brochure." That seems to be much more updated than just clicking on the components themselves. Thanks. Anyone know who is cheaper? Flood or Granger? Do either take the ford pass points and then a credit card for the difference?

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Ok, I see what I was doing wrong. I wasn't clicking on the link to "see the brochure." That seems to be much more updated than just clicking on the components themselves. Thanks. Anyone know who is cheaper? Flood or Granger? Do either take the ford pass points and then a credit card for the difference?
I used my $210 worth of ford pass points toward my Flood Ford, so ended up costing $1260 for 7yr, 100k miles, $100 deductible. Both are same warranty and same as dealer offers so just comes down to who is cheapest at the time for your selection. Flood was for me at the time but either is a good choice.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have always been against buying a warranty for my vehicles always thought just "bank" the $3k-$5k these factory warranties usually cost and use that if/when you have an issue.
I see you picked up a warranty for under $1500 but it’s funny how many people have similar thoughts and think they’re playing the odds by not purchasing an extended warranty but the same people have don’t even balk at $10-20k+ adms.
Smh.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 8-year 150K, and it has paid for itself many times over. If you offroad at all it's not even a question; you get the max coverage. One of the better benefits is that the policy is transferable to the next owner. Don't hesitate. Go to the Flood site and purchase.

pghraptor34

Reaction score
I have the 8-year 150K, and it has paid for itself many times over. If you offroad at all it's not even a question; you get the max coverage. One of the better benefits is that the policy is transferable to the next owner. Don't hesitate. Go to the Flood site and purchase.
Thanks for the insight. Could you give a few examples of the warranty fixing/replacing parts? What failed, did they fix it, etc. That would be very helpful for those of us on the fence. The only thing holding me back is whether or not they actually honor the extended warranty, or do they weasel out of it. Thanks!