BaseCARE vs ExtraCARE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking to get the flood ford extended warranty. I plan on keeping the Raptor for as long as possible and will put plenty of miles on it. I'm down in Baja finally with it. I was waiting for my plates to come in. The 8 year 150k $200 deductible category is my choice. It almost doesn't seem like the ExtraCARE is worth purchasing for an added $340. It includes the "high tech" category, which is the following:

• Air suspension, electronic (selected components)
  • Compass and thermometer readout displays
  • Instrument Cluster,
    Electronic (Excluding
    Dash Pad, Clock, Audio
    and Visual Equipment)
  • Keyless entry system (excluding door handles)
  • Power antenna
  • Power door locks and retainer clips (excluding door handles)
  • Power seat motors
  • Power window motors/regulators
  • SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry
  • Speed Control
Did anyone go with these higher packages and why? The Powertrain is worth it in my opinion. Just had a friend who had to pay $2600 to replace a water pump in a 2016 exploder! I understand going up a level to the BaseCARE, but I'm thinking about stopping there. Total cost would be $1930 and I'm also hoping to use all my ford pass points.

Anyone with any experience on this decision?

Attachments

• raptor.jpg
    raptor.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 34

dave_g

Reaction score
If you plan on keeping it- get the electronics covered- I don't worrie about the dealer or me fixing a water pump- but the electronics get $$$ fast. its $34 a year if you think about t.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You want the electronics covered and you want the lighting option. Go Google what one of those tail lights cost if Bliss goes out

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You want electronics covered, imagine if the 12" infotainment goes out or the 12" electronic dash cluster...

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Base Care ONLY warranties 84 components. Extra care ONLY warranties 113 components. Get the Premium care , it is essentially bumper to bumper, 1000+ Components. These trucks are high tech, for a few dollars more make sure that you are covered.

Attachments

• 3DA87D59-BBC0-4355-87EA-0C2280C9D2C6.png
    3DA87D59-BBC0-4355-87EA-0C2280C9D2C6.png
    491.7 KB · Views: 37

pghraptor34

Reaction score
Anybody have experience using the warranty? I only worry they'll pull the "not covered, not operated according to the manual" card every time you bring the truck in for a claim. If the warranty works well, it seems like a no-brainer given the potential cost of a serious powertrain component or fancy tech equipment failure.

doverrover

Reaction score
Anybody have experience using the warranty? I only worry they'll pull the "not covered, not operated according to the manual" card every time you bring the truck in for a claim. If the warranty works well, it seems like a no-brainer given the potential cost of a serious powertrain component or fancy tech equipment failure.
that's what I'm worried about as well...

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I stated this on a few other threads re: warranty, I have always been against buying a warranty for my vehicles always thought just "bank" the $3k-$5k these factory warranties usually cost and use that if/when you have an issue.

However, I joined FRF right after my MY22 order was placed, I learned from many OG's on here about Flood Ford ESP warranty. Long story short I got a 7yr, 100Kmile, $100 deductible PremimiumCare warranty for just under $1500! Dealer wanted $4k+, ultimately claimed a bagain offer at $3k. I showed them my print out of Flood Ford @ $1470 they claimed their costs was $2200. I said no problem, I'll order straight from Flood Ford. They were like, I don't blame you, we can't touch that. Next day ordered online thru Flood Ford and on my Ford Pass within the hour. Thanks to contributers on this forum for sharing...