BaseCARE vs ExtraCARE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stated this on a few other threads re: warranty, I have always been against buying a warranty for my vehicles always thought just "bank" the $3k-$5k these factory warranties usually cost and use that if/when you have an issue.

However, I joined FRF right after my MY22 order was placed, I learned from many OG's on here about Flood Ford ESP warranty. Long story short I got a 7yr, 100Kmile, $100 deductible PremimiumCare warranty for just under $1500! Dealer wanted $4k+, ultimately claimed a bagain offer at $3k. I showed them my print out of Flood Ford @ $1470 they claimed their costs was $2200. I said no problem, I'll order straight from Flood Ford. They were like, I don't blame you, we can't touch that. Next day ordered online thru Flood Ford and on my Ford Pass within the hour. Thanks to contributers on this forum for sharing...
Can you pick that up if you have the truck for a few months ? Good info. Thanks !

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Can you pick that up if you have the truck for a few months ? Good info. Thanks !
Sure can. You can purchase it anytime on a new or used ford. Not sure if out of factory warranty but definitely within the 3yr 36 month b2b warranty

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am a believer. The price Flood offers is great and easy to work with. If you buy one early and then need to change it they can change it while you are still under factory warranty for the difference in price. You are subject to a 75 dollar change fee and any price increases, but depending on your situation may be worth it. I started on a 7 year/100k for 1470 (there really never used to be price increases so actually waiting was useful, now we have inflation), then right before my factory warranty was up I changed to 8/125k for about 2400 ish. It was more inline with what my mileage usage was. I have had my truck 5 years and about 75k miles so I'm right on track. (also where they make more money is the people that just buy high miles and years and dont try to figure out exactly the combination they need). Also the 6/100k, 7/100k are the best VALUE i think. After that it gets quite a bit more expensive. That being said at the price flood offers and if you off road and will keep past 100k, no brainer. I'm well ahead of the 2400 buck I have into the warranty and im only at 75k miles. That doesnt include all the stuff that I had covered under the 3/36 and 5/60 powertrain.

The other thing to keep in mind, is the way you do well on these warranties is to pay attention to the little things and make sure you get them fixed. Many people will buy warranties and not use them because some issues doesnt annoy them enough. Mine was bought to keep my truck as new and working as possible at high mileage and I'm' getting everything fixed that breaks.

I have 100 deductible. When I got my warranty a 0 was like 400 more, I've used my warranty probably 8 times so the 0 would have been better. Things often don't break at the same time so its hard to save them up if they are drivetrain or more than an annoyance related. That being said, I'm still not unhappy with my 100 deductible.

I expect after 100k ill probably need some front end work and such as well, so thats why I went to 125k. Playing the odds there and I think they are in my favor.

I have a 10 year, 60k on my GT350R for about 4100. A lot more expensive and less technology to break, but I plan to keep this car a long time and all the things that can break from vibration I expect will make it worth it over time and especially in the later years. Also even if I dont have to fix as much on that car, the piece of mind of being saved from a 30k engine replacement after the 5 years is up on the powertrain, will keep me happy.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 100 deductible. When I got my warranty a 0 was like 400 more, I've used my warranty probably 8 times so the 0 would have been better. Things often don't break at the same time so its hard to save them up if they are drivetrain or more than an annoyance related. That being said, I'm still not unhappy with my 100 deductible.
I bought the ESP on one Ford I have (not the Raptor).

I ran the numbers on upfront costs vs # of trips + deductibles- I had to make over 5 trips to the dealer to make the higher initial warranty price worth the lower deductables. I went with the highest deductable, and I've used it 0 times in almost 5 years. It has so far been a total waste of money.

If the trans spits it's guts tomorrow I'll feel otherwise of course, but it's coming up on the end of the ESP warranty with no useage. I've never been a fan of extended warranties and only got this due to the intended useage of that car as a DD- but I won't buy it again on any other vehicles.

Last edited:

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the ESP on one Ford I have (not the Raptor).

I ran the numbers on upfront costs vs # of trips + deductibles- I had to make over 5 trips to the dealer to make the higher initial warranty price worth the lower deductables. I went with the highest deductable, and I've used it 0 times in almost 5 years. It has so far been a total waste of money.

If the trans spits it's guts tomorrow I'll feel otherwise of course, but it's coming up on the end of the ESP warranty with no useage. I've never been a fan of extended warranties and only got this due to the intended useage of that car as a DD- but I won't buy it again on any other vehicles.
Yea, my grandpa for instance had one a 10 Fusion. Never used it. I've had one on a 12 SuperDuty (was very worth it), 15 Mustang (sold it and got a refund, wouldnt do it again on that type of car with low miles and not a speciality vehicle, so ford wins there), 18 Raptor (still have 3 years and 50k miles left and I'm way ahead of Ford), and a 19 GT350R thats still under factory warranty so time will tell. This one is more of piece of mind due to large cost of engine etc, but also all the ancillary concerns from vibration.

What is comes down to is it is a gamble, but you can make a more educated choice based on usage of the vehicle (ie offroading etc, high stress, new types of systems), vs more basic vehicles.