BaseCARE vs ExtraCARE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mountain Man

Reaction score
I had both heating elements for the seats replaced cost $100 with ESP parts alone were $1000. Also had Fi wiring harness fail and not covered under warranty. ESP and $100 later the $1500 part was replaced. I’m a believer that ESP is Monet well spent and will do it on my next one too!

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the 8-year 150K, and it has paid for itself many times over. If you offroad at all it's not even a question; you get the max coverage. One of the better benefits is that the policy is transferable to the next owner. Don't hesitate. Go to the Flood site and purchase.
Thank you. This is the post that got me for sure. I'll be looking into the max coverage for 8 years, 150k. There is a lot more that can go wrong on this truck than my 14-year-old Wrangler. lol

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
premium only way to go. for the extra the added 800 plus items covered is a no brainer. if you want the security that is. I ended up with the 8 yrs 125k miles. $200 deductible.

jnrush16

Reaction score
Is the factory warranty as airtight/comprehensive (with what they cover) as these premium extended warranties are? Was thinking about waiting until just before I hit the three years or 36,000 miles to then purchase. From what I gather it was only going to be about 100 bucks more.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can wait. but that doesn't protect you from price increases that may happen. the ESP from flood ford warranty does start the coverage from date of vehicle purchase. not from the extended warranty purchase. regardless when you get it. I am sure you're aware of that. From what I read there are some items that are in the grey area of coverage with the 3yr 36 B to B warranty but if you have the premium it covers it. I have no clue how true that is but I just got it after about 4k miles, I didnt want any issues. I got my prorated refund of my 18's premium warranty back and didn't feel like waiting til 36k miles

Last edited:

Torchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Base Care ONLY warranties 84 components. Extra care ONLY warranties 113 components. Get the Premium care , it is essentially bumper to bumper, 1000+ Components. These trucks are high tech, for a few dollars more make sure that you are covered.
I can not stress this enough. Base and Extra are nowhere near the value of Premium. Go Premium!

doverrover

Reaction score
I had both heating elements for the seats replaced cost $100 with ESP parts alone were $1000. Also had Fi wiring harness fail and not covered under warranty. ESP and $100 later the $1500 part was replaced. I’m a believer that ESP is Monet well spent and will do it on my next one too!
Just curious, was this $100 deductible from ESP warranty or manufacturer warranty? If you were not past your manufacturer warranty then why do you need to pay the deductible?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just curious, was this $100 deductible from ESP warranty or manufacturer warranty? If you were not past your manufacturer warranty then why do you need to pay the deductible?
If he paid a $100 deductible, he’s beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. Even though they run concurrently, the manufacturer warranty takes precedence for the first 3/36 after which the ESP kicks in along with the deductible.

Torchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he paid a $100 deductible, he’s beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. Even though they run concurrently, the manufacturer warranty takes precedence for the first 3/36 after which the ESP kicks in along with the deductible.
This is correct.