Any mountain bikers? Post your travel setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ride88 racks are a great option I also looked into. Problem is I have a trifold tonneau cover. To avoid having to remove that every time I travel with the bike, I’d rather just remove the front wheel with the freedom coast option.

Kit should be here next week so I’ll give some updates once I install and review :). This option allows me to keep the cover on ( folded to the rear).
They make a relocation bracket to mount the post around 1/3rd of the way back to clear tonneaus, but glad you found another options.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yakima Jetstream Bars
(3) Yakima Highroad Bike mounts.

really happy with this setup. No rattling noises and no noticeable wind noise.
temp-Image8ng-GVo.jpg

temp-Imageh-M7-Txm.jpg

temp-Imagegr-L9-RO.jpg

Last edited:

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking frame, and nice touch with the components.
Thanks! I bought it used last fall when depreciation had finally/thankfully attacked the bike market. It could have easily passed for having never been ridden. All of it is way overkill for the trail riding I do with my kids, but I do really enjoy it.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
had neck surgery last April so i ride on the beach! very smooth,no more jump for me.
easy transportation,back in truck.
specialized fat boy,just add this shifter ,amazing!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211101-104400_MessagesBEACH.jpg
    Screenshot_20211101-104400_MessagesBEACH.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 41
  • BikeRaptor.jpg
    BikeRaptor.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 41

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my 1up rack daily and it actually never comes off the truck. Great rack. It’s nice loading the e-bikes and not having to awkwardly lift them over the tailgate using a mat.

Best part is that it folds down so you can open the tailgate. I had a Kuat before and it wouldn’t clear the tailgate.

That freedom coast setup looks cool but pulling the wheel on and off each time seems unnecessary. Plus I like having the full bed usable.

Attachments

• IMG_5232.jpeg
    IMG_5232.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 40