Single Spare Bed Carrier Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you click the pic, he’s got a strap running over top of the tire, so it’s strapped down and to the front bed lip. It shouldn’t hit the window.

I’d be concerned about using the bed rail racks(?) to strap anything of any significant weight though.
Most of the clamping force comes from the strap over the top to the factory tie downs on the bed sides. The strap across the front is the keep the tire upright and actually the 35" tires ends up tilting away from the can a bit and it doesn't move at all once strapped down. The tie down tracks on my bed rails are from Mac's and bolted every 16". You can really crank down on them before the even begin to deflect the rails. The weak link in that system is the adjustable/removable tie rings. It also happened to fit my rattle gun (red case on drivers side) and Pro Eagle jack perfectly.

SEANRAPTOR

Reaction score
@V6Raptor

D-Rings, Bolts + Bubba Tie Downs, pretty simple setup for onroad and its cheaper than some of the other "kit" stuff out there, good luck:

View attachment 357856
I want to do this setup but I live in california and KHC wont ship to cali! Where could i find comparable strength hooks? Also I have a retractabke metal bed cover could i move the tire more rearward?

D3 SS 3D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon should have all these bits and pieces, Cali has a few nice off-road shops that I’m sure could help you out too, RPG & Evil, good luck!

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to do this setup but I live in california and KHC wont ship to cali! Where could i find comparable strength hooks? Also I have a retractabke metal bed cover could i move the tire more rearward?

You want Mopar 05170492AA - it's what I have in my bed. You just have to grind the center a wee bit to get the bed bolts to sit flush again.

SEANRAPTOR

Reaction score
ok great thank you both! I attempted cutting the bed spray in liner with a razor blade and screwdriver man that stuff is tough and those bolts are really tight in there with that factory loc tite

STHenry

Reaction score
ok great thank you both! I attempted cutting the bed spray in liner with a razor blade and screwdriver man that stuff is tough and those bolts are really tight in there with that factory loc tite
I used a bit of heat on from the bottom of the bed bolt to get the loc tite to loosen up. Of course that requires two people and a bit more time. There is a really good thread on removing the bed bolts here on the forum if you need it for reference.