Single Spare Bed Carrier Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello folks. Anyone have pictures of their bed setup for a single spare?

Looking to relocate the spare from under to the bed yet maintain space for stroller, Costco runs, etc. I would love to run SDHQ’s chase rack, however, my truck is parked outside 99.9% of the time plus I need to have a tonneau cover for said things above.

I’m looking specifically at JDS and KHC but haven’t found much options other than those two. If anyone has suggestions, please shoot them my way.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello folks. Anyone have pictures of their bed setup for a single spare?

Looking to relocate the spare from under to the bed yet maintain space for stroller, Costco runs, etc. I would love to run SDHQ’s chase rack, however, my truck is parked outside 99.9% of the time plus I need to have a tonneau cover for said things above.

I’m looking specifically at JDS and KHC but haven’t found much options other than those two. If anyone has suggestions, please shoot them my way.
i had evil mfg make mine. it was a one off setup. i gave him my gas cans and tool chest and he built one for me. also jason at lex motorsports will make you one. he built my bumpers exactly how i wanted. picture of my bed setup IMG_20220531_151019.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
underneath the spare is my 3 ton aluminum hydraulic jack. i have the bak revolver bed cover. spare fits with about 2 inches of clearance. the apare is tilted at a slight angle

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I have the JDS mount, it's okay.....you can get most of the way with just D rings. The KHC is nice but I passed because I wanted my floor to be flat as possible. When my spare is not in there I have my bed mat over the tire mount.

Attachments

• CBB357CB-8507-49B2-B041-BD4DD8612C97.jpeg
    CBB357CB-8507-49B2-B041-BD4DD8612C97.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 113

Granelli

Reaction score
i had evil mfg make mine. it was a one off setup. i gave him my gas cans and tool chest and he built one for me. also jason at lex motorsports will make you one. he built my bumpers exactly how i wanted. picture of my bed setup View attachment 357607
Nice to see a truck being used. I trying to get over the guilt of using mine as a work truck.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to see a truck being used. I trying to get over the guilt of using mine as a work truck.
im out at least 3 times a year. its 1100 miles for us to get to fallon nevada, but we are there every april and october. then its at least once to lander wyoming. sometimes twice. july and for sure august. definitely dive in to the bed for stuff at least a couple times during those trips

Last edited:

D3 SS 3D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@V6Raptor

D-Rings, Bolts + Bubba Tie Downs, pretty simple setup for onroad and its cheaper than some of the other "kit" stuff out there, good luck:

tire carrier.jpg

Last edited:

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@V6Raptor

D-Rings, Bolts + Bubba Tie Downs, pretty simple setup for onroad and its cheaper than some of the other "kit" stuff out there, good luck:
I had my bed off and replaced the bolts. I added the Dodge D-rings and was going to strap my tire like this as well but then realized I really didn't have any bed space to work with. I ended up with this config. I really like it for normal driving and basic off roading. Two spare tires and a rack for more extreme stuff.

Attachments

• 6A650138-FD6C-403F-9AC6-A8C756235424.jpeg
    6A650138-FD6C-403F-9AC6-A8C756235424.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 80

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my bed off and replaced the bolts. I added the Dodge D-rings and was going to strap my tire like this as well but then realized I really didn't have any bed space to work with. I ended up with this config. I really like it for normal driving and basic off roading. Two spare tires and a rack for more extreme stuff.
how do you keep the spare from going into your back window? it looks like a big enough bump would make the tire bounce around and break your window

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you click the pic, he’s got a strap running over top of the tire, so it’s strapped down and to the front bed lip. It shouldn’t hit the window.

I’d be concerned about using the bed rail racks(?) to strap anything of any significant weight though.