Any body elses raptor have special abilities?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
My idling was while waiting to pick up my daughter as well. I just stopped idling it. Not ideal when it is 100 degrees outside. The part that was frustrating for me is that the truck would only idle for 15 minutes and then shut off on its own. That means that the mechanics at the dealership probably only let it idle for 15 minutes and came back 30 minutes later to start it only to find that it did not smoke. I know they can't just sit there and look at it for 30 minutes as that is not a great use of time. That 15 minutes might be able to be upped by using the Fordpass App to remote start, but I don't know that for sure on the Gen2. I just know it is an option on the Gen3.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hahaha new to me. LoL nah I bought it with very low mileage. Because the mileage was so low it was sold as brand new. On the paperwork. But that don't matter dude my truck looks like a fukn rocket at take off!
What is the mileage? It should have had at least 3 oil changes by now based on time alone. Was it a dealer demo?

As far as the smoke, what is the odor? Are all fluid levels good? Excessive idling builds up water in the exhaust, which collects in low spots. Once the truck is driven, the exhaust heats up and the moisture begins to burn off.

OP
OP
9th Island raptor

9th Island raptor

Reaction score
I am gonna say this though i did have the pleasure of driving this bad boy off road several times ripping it thru the desert and doing donuts for days and I have never in my entire life enjoyed such a vehicle when it came to off roading at high speeds. This is a magnificent truck. The gremlins gots to go! LoL
What is the mileage? It should have had at least 3 oil changes by now based on time alone. Was it a dealer demo?

As far as the smoke, what is the odor? Are all fluid levels good? Excessive idling builds up water in the exhaust, which collects in low spots. Once the truck is driven, the exhaust heats up and the moisture begins to burn off.
Yeah I was hoping thats what it was and still hoping it is that. But I live in the desert and water/moisture clears up fast here. It wasn't concerning me until recently because now it is blowing smoke out of the left pipe when I drive and I haven't idled. The smoke is white I don't see any color. But its alot. Just to clarify. Its not a consistent cloud all the time it ranges from thick to thin but nonetheless it happens it does have a smell but I can't pinpoint it. All my oil levels and other liquids are normal levels so thats fine.200.gif

Langhorne

Reaction score
Own this gen 2 for 6 months and only now finding out that it has an uncanny ability to dipurse a white smoke screen. My truck is a damn ninja. Anyone else have this issue? I've seen some threads on here but lack of answers.View attachment 376584
Yes if you idle for too long residual oil get into the turbo and has to burn off. Not a big deal at all. Only reason I found out is smoking cigars watching ball games needed AC and or heat.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate to inform you, but your truck is a liberal and possibly transitioning . Every time you want it to work, it starts blowing smoke out it’s a$$. You can confirm by driving by any thrift store or welfare office. This will save the the ford tech embarrassment during diagnosis. Tell them, you want it stock again. To prevent it from reoccurring, just add a trump sticker.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All three of my Gen 2 have done it. Sit around and idle for 30 min or more and yep, $500 beater pulling away here we go. No issue just a quirk. But all started after 15k miles or somewhere in there. Enough time to let shit build up I guess.