Any body elses raptor have special abilities?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

9th Island raptor

Reaction score
Own this gen 2 for 6 months and only now finding out that it has an uncanny ability to dipurse a white smoke screen. My truck is a damn ninja. Anyone else have this issue? I've seen some threads on here but lack of answers.200.gif

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Own this gen 2 for 6 months and only now finding out that it has an uncanny ability to dipurse a white smoke screen. My truck is a damn ninja. Anyone else have this issue? I've seen some threads on here but lack of answers.
What is the maintenance history on the vehicle?

OP
OP
9th Island raptor

9th Island raptor

Reaction score
My 2018 would blow smoke if I let it idle for 30 minutes or more and then accelerate down the road. All my research led me to believe it was a bad turbo seal. Dealer claimed they could not recreate it. Traded it in.
Honestly thats where I'm at right now At the moment. I'm considering that option.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've contacted the ford dealer where I bought it from but there telling me they can't see it until hopefully January maybe longer. So I was gonna wrench on it myself. The thing is is i got the top of the line warranty. So i don't think i should touch anything. But this truck looks likes its gonna blow up.. lmao! They have a major backlog of appointments. Ridiculous! Now I'm having to drive a beautiful 2019 raptor truck blowing smoke. Yesterday I had an old man in his 1990 Toyota shaking his head at me. Man, If I didn't sink in my seat. Lmao! So i did the only thing i could think of and pressed the gas harder to hide. Bam! Smoke screen! Brrrappptor. Lol!
You found a new 2019?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Traded it for my 2021 Gen3. My story makes it look like a very short story, but in reality it dragged on for quite a while and I just got tired of it. I can recall one time getting onto the freeway and leaving a smoke screen for at least 2 miles. Far more embarrassing than the exhaust ticking I have right now. Sounds like you have a different problem though from the amount of smoke you are describing. Is it after extended idle or all the time?