And with one mod... I now hate driving my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... this weekend I got my MBRP Stainless exhaust (the one that dumps before the axle) and HOLY SHEEET the drone is insane! If I didn't take a sawzall to my old exhaust to get it off (rusted to fawk, installing by myself)... I would have put it back on.

The throatiness/open aspiration is great... but when the RPMs get between 1500-2000 RPMs, the drone takes over and is so bloody loud the whole cab vibrates and its like sitting inside a base guitar.

Is there anything I can do to this to bring it under control? Have a resonator welded inline before the muffler? Swap the MBRP muffler out to a different brand? I really like having the exhaust dumped before the axle but if I have to go back to a "traditional" exhaust to fix this... so be it.

After driving to work this morning, Im about to start punching babies. Thank god its only a $350 mistake :(

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
a resonator will help, but not much. the drone comes from teh engine itself, even teh stock exhaust drones a bit. only way around it is a helmholtz tube.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have a muffler shop bring the exhaust out to the side, lightning style & it helps quite a bit

This will help. I had mine dumped and ended up having a shop weld the remaining factory pipes on to bring it out the rear. Huge difference on in cab sound as it's projecting that sound away from the truck.

970Co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a resonator will help, but not much. the drone comes from teh engine itself, even teh stock exhaust drones a bit. only way around it is a helmholtz tube.

agreed!

If you are in SoCal look at http://www.dirtydeedsindustries.com/

I had one of these on a Tundra and am having an exhaust built by him again on my Raptor

Last edited: