Driving with Nods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHBD

Reaction score
First, I want to hate you a little.
2nd, you may want to enable dark mode via FORSCAN, you’ll be impressed with how much light the cabin gives off in the dark.
Do you know if that is an option you can enable on Gen 1s? I have been making do with some homemade covers for the dash, display, etc.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
IDK, you’d need to check the forscan sheets.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
31’s with ecoti dude wtf do you do for a living lol.

Looks like too much splash from the IR lights. It would be better in a team scenario where you are offset. Separate vehicle running the lights and you parallel or offset with no lights viewing in the same direction. Less splash. Or just adjust gain.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flown lots with NODS in the desert but never driven, man gotta try it!
Armadillos have destroyed a lot of my acres here in TX, at night. So….
In the name of science of course…
V/R
Smokey

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Flown lots with NODS in the desert but never driven, man gotta try it!
Armadillos have destroyed a lot of my acres here in TX, at night. So….
In the name of science of course…
V/R
Smokey
video. or it never happened ;-)

Sparda1123

Reaction score
31’s with ecoti dude wtf do you do for a living lol.

Looks like too much splash from the IR lights. It would be better in a team scenario where you are offset. Separate vehicle running the lights and you parallel or offset with no lights viewing in the same direction. Less splash. Or just adjust gain.
I'm in tech, used to do security contacting on the side while I would get paid vacation (39 days a year) from my day job. I used my contracting money as play money and financed it while I was still doing that stuff paying it off in a little less than 3 years. I would do a gig and use that to make the payments till the next gig not eating into my regular money which I could afford the payment worst-case scenario I didn't get another gig. I changed jobs, have less vacation time to afford taking vacation to do the gigs but the new job makes up for more than I was making from both so a win either way.

Life's too short to not enjoy the fruits of your labor. Some people like vacations, I like toys.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in tech, used to do security contacting on the side while I would get paid vacation (39 days a year) from my day job. I used my contracting money as play money and financed it while I was still doing that stuff paying it off in a little less than 3 years. I would do a gig and use that to make the payments till the next gig not eating into my regular money which I could afford the payment worst-case scenario I didn't get another gig. I changed jobs, have less vacation time to afford taking vacation to do the gigs but the new job makes up for more than I was making from both so a win either way.

Life's too short to not enjoy the fruits of your labor. Some people like vacations, I like toys.
No explanation needed my friend. Work hard play hard. I have a set of dtnvs with elbit wp tubes on order. Not stoked about the auto gain but we shall see.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to be aware of the “glare” from trying to see through the windshield. It’s the contrast that matters. You can get away with a little ambient light in the cab provided that your tint isn’t so much that it it isolates your interior as a phototonic barrier, and that there is adequate IR illumination outside vehicle. The mW output on your lights is going to be the most important. Not sure what power civilian manufactured truck-lighting equipment typically does, but if it’s not enough, you may be looking at a civilian-approved model of a military illuminator.

Sparda1123

Reaction score
Need to be aware of the “glare” from trying to see through the windshield. It’s the contrast that matters. You can get away with a little ambient light in the cab provided that your tint isn’t so much that it it isolates your interior as a phototonic barrier, and that there is adequate IR illumination outside vehicle. The mW output on your lights is going to be the most important. Not sure what power civilian manufactured truck-lighting equipment typically does, but if it’s not enough, you may be looking at a civilian-approved model of a military illuminator.
He should be good on the lighting aspect, all the ones I've seen are LED based which is not regulated by the FDA like lasers are.