Driving with Nods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I saw somewhere someone posted how the blue cruise prep setup caused interference with nods while driving. Can anyone confirm if this is true? I just got a set of pvs31 and want to add some Baja IR lights to my truck. Don’t want to waste the money on the IR lights if there is an issue while driving. Before you ask the 31’s won’t be here for roughly 3 weeks or I’d try it myself. Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
DMays

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry just realized this is not the lighting forum. @Big Blue can you please move this to the lighting section? Thank you

OP
OP
DMays

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For clarification I have 400 acres in TN that is loaded with wild pigs. The driving will be at the farm looking for pigs that will surely soon succumb to lead poisoning. No interstate or public road use with nods. Unless necessary lol

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For clarification I have 400 acres in TN that is loaded with wild pigs. The driving will be at the farm looking for pigs that will surely soon succumb to lead poisoning. No interstate or public road use with nods. Unless necessary lol
can i come? i have flir on my truck with pedestrian highlighting (anything bigger than a small dog) and i am able to contribute some lead

Sparda1123

Reaction score
WTF are nods??
night optical/observation device. Basically night vision.

Alright. For science, I went to the nearby neighborhood in progress that's pitch black in the raptor. Long story short, tape or disable those lights. The photonic barrier they create is enormous! You MAY be able to overcome it with supplemental lighting but I didn't bring any of my illuminators to test the theory in the IR spectrum. I did however take a couple pics with the headlights on to give you an idea. But enough talk, let's get to the pics.

With lights
20230606_212811.jpg
20230606_212817.jpg
With parking lights
20230606_213017.jpg
Without lights
20230606_212956.jpg

Out the window of the truck without IR lights in your face20230606_213056.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member