AMS Turbo Inlet Tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a mountune intercooler with their supplied charge pipe.
i replaced my super raptor with a s&b intake. not sure why i did that.
i am hoping for thicker, but if you felt this specific tube, it is really soft feeling. i tried to push it back in place, but i think due to the heat, its stuck in this position. the other turbo inlet tube felt much sturdier.

is the new charge pipe that came with your Intercooler any better/different than stock one? Any pics ?

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is the new charge pipe that came with your Intercooler any better/different than stock one? Any pics ?
all the companies advertise it as less restrictive. there are lots of restrictions factory pipes

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if companies does a silicone based one wont it be better than steel or plastic?
I think silicone,unwrapped would suffer the same effect since they are a petrol based material, steel would last longer but still soak heat although they would last longer.

Wileecoyote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my tubes today. Thanks Off Road Alliance for a quick and easy international shipment!

Driver's side went on fairly easy - the passenger side - not so much.
Pulled the front wheel off so I could get my hands in under the wheel well and that made a big difference
Using a long ratchet extension bar to pry / push the back of the flexible tube on to the turbo helped too.

I'll know tomorrow how the seat-of-the-pants measurement works out. :)

Jeff manson

Reaction score
Went to swap my cold air intake for a different one... The plastic is way too thin and flexible

View attachment 129626

I just installed my AMS pipes yesterday. In this picture it looks like you did not swap the factory vortex fins over from the factory pipes into the AMS housing. They fit on the inside of the driver/passenger side pipes closest to the airbox and is an additional piece of round plastic that would strengthen the integrity of the pipes and prevent collapse. I should’ve taken pics during install, but they snap right into place just like the OEM. I believe the purpose of these pieces is to spiral the air flow to achieve better flow.