AMS Turbo Inlet Tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MudLovingFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok sorry if I’m beating a dead horse but I am getting these tubes delivered in a couple days, and I’m stuck on either leaving out or transferring in those finned “silencers” in the stock tubes, all over the web some say they are just silencers, others say if your running an intake like the factory 2 to 1 tube you need them to change direction of airflow and turbulence, did anyone with this kind of intake do the install and can you please give feedback as to the outcome of leaving out or transferring in?

My 6/19 build date didn’t have the silencers from the factory, remove them and don’t worry. I had removed them on my 16 F150 2.7TT and felt no change in power, just an increase in turbo noise

Tyler_GTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my silencer rings out of my 2019 (early build date) when I installed my Cobb Intake. Definitely increases the turbo noises, for sure.

No CEL lights.

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies, since your running the Cobb with two separate intake tubes it wouldn’t make a difference in your setup, I’m running the S&b right now with the 2 to 1 intake like the stock setup so I guess I’ll try the install without them, if anything happens I’ll keep you all informed

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't get to install this today. Spent way too many hours installing my rogue enfotxer front bumper. With 0 instructions.

View attachment 129943

View attachment 129944

Don’t you love installing stuff like a true stereotypical male without instructions. Lol JK.... my father in-law and I did my SVC frame cut bumper and SVC IC with somewhat instructions and it still took us forever to get it done. We didn’t have access to internet so couldn’t see pictures that went along with instructions so that made it much more difficult.

If we had to do one again it would be super simple now that have done it once though. Only issue we had with it was either my frame hole or bumper hole was not aligned properly from either jig application. It was just barely off, maybe 1/16”-1/8” but gave us hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok just an update, I installed the ams tubes and S&b intake together. I’m not saying it’s right or not, I know there is a lot of controversy about these things, but just my personal experience I installed and left the finned diffusers “silencers” out and it lost it’s low end, throttle response was worse than before with the stock setup, I reset the computer, cleared all codes and kam delete, reinstalled my tune, and drove around 100 miles or so for the computer to relearn and the low end was gone, so I reinstalled the diffusers with new intake and tubes and voila, my low end is back as well as an increase in throttle response, and a noticeable seat of my pants power gain, just an update on my experience

LeboRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m installing my S&B intake next week. How did it go

thanks for the replies, since your running the Cobb with two separate intake tubes it wouldn’t make a difference in your setup, I’m running the S&b right now with the 2 to 1 intake like the stock setup so I guess I’ll try the install without them, if anything happens I’ll keep you all informed

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m installing my AMS tubes from the group buy today, does anyone have any must-do tips for the install?

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have a couple extensions in your tool chest to reach the bolts on the band brackets on the turbos through the wheel wells or else plan on jacking up the front end and removing the front wheels to reach them. It’s an incredibly tight fit getting the new pipes in and positioned on the turbos and I recommend some gloves to prevent shredding your hands trying to finagle them in. Took me about an hour start to finish. Other then that just follow the instructions and take your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have a couple extensions in your tool chest to reach the bolts on the band brackets on the turbos through the wheel wells or else plan on jacking up the front end and removing the front wheels to reach them. It’s an incredibly tight fit getting the new pipes in and positioned on the turbos and I recommend some gloves to prevent shredding your hands trying to finagle them in. Took me about an hour start to finish. Other then that just follow the instructions and take your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You weren't kidding about a tight fit! The install was pretty easy, just a matter of working with the space available, which isn't much. The hardest part for me was getting the stock passenger-side tube released from the mounting grommet. I had to hit it with a quick spray of WD-40 to lube it up, it just wasn't letting go otherwise. I was able to reach the screws on the turbo clamps pretty easily from the wheel wells without jacking up the truck or taking the wheels off (being 6'-4" with long arms helped). I took a little cruise after I finished and can definitely hear the turbos more, and it feels like the power may come on a little more quickly. Need more seat time to really get a feel for it.